Originally Posted by Ichthyic
I don't see listed how to make blank magic scrolls, so here are the formulas:

blank paper + ...

pixie dust = blank witch scroll
fire essence = blank fire scroll
air essence = blank air scroll
water essence = blank water scroll
earth essence = blank earth scroll

Is that new? I've made all of my scrolls by pixie dust + paper to produce a random blank scroll, giving me a 20% chance to get the one I wanted. On the one hand, it's a pain and a lot of loading. On the other, you can access pixie dust a lot earlier than essences. I'm hoping that this is an alternative way to make blank scrolls when you're higher level and essences are easier to find (which case, have you tried void essence + blank to see if it always gives witchcraft?).

Yes, it is new as of the 1.0.74.0 patch. Apparently it is because the cards say essence. Which is amusing because the in-game books still say pixie dust.

Void essence will not give a witchcraft scroll.

Thanks to you (and Ichthyic) for testing. I wish they had left the old recipe in and put this as an alternative for higher level mats (including the void essence for witchcraft which would follow logically but for some reason does not). I liked being able to make scrolls and books very early on though the randomness could be frustrating.

Originally Posted by Kamylow

Am i the only one who has no item when using needle and thread on leather scraps ? It only works with magical needle and scraps.

It worked for me last night with three crafting and a nonmagical needle and thread, I got leather body armor. Sometimes the order in which you drag things matters, and make sure your needle and thread are combined first.

Also: is this guide still being updated? It's the best formatted one I've come across so I hope so.

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 21/07/14 04:06 PM.