Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Halpmepls

I don't want to play with 4 people, I don't want to do the undead first, I want to take out the enemies I want. I want to solo the game with 2 stealth archers, not with their stupid rulesets that will not allow me any freedom.

Seriously. You are making things very hard for yourself. Unbalanced party and with only 2 people. No wonder it is hard.

It is like playing Call of Duty and complaining that you can't win without shooting.

The game is designed to be played with a full 4 player party with a balanced set of skill.

old hand
old hand
No its not. You can play with two characters.

He just refuses to even learn the rules and the system and does one single thing and repeats it even though it isnt working.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, it is possible with two characters. What I meant was that it is harder and you should know what you are doing. Sorry for being unclear.

Last edited by Jacob Marner; 23/07/14 11:06 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
If you've truly played 'hours' of games like NWN, then you should know that a party of two people who do exactly the same thing is going to run into problems. To use NWN examples you should be familiar with, try fighting a golem with a party full of mages. Enjoy your total party kill since golems are immune to magic. Or try fighting a demilich without a cleric or a paladin. They're immune to almost everything except divine damage and have a save-or-die spell they can use every round for free. Diversity is key. Use it. Love it.

That said, if you want to press on, here's how you do it.

1) Bless is a low-level Geomancy spell that greatly boosts hit chance. Have your archers take 1 point in Geomancy (that's all you need) and they can Bless each other at the start of combat.

2) Ranged Precision Stance. Yes it costs one more AP per shot, but it's better to fire 3 shots that hit something than 4 shots that all miss.

3) Avoid fights you can't win. This is key in any game that has combat. If the enemy is significantly stronger or higher level than you don't run up and shoot them! You're not going to be able to hit them because their defense rating is so high compared to your offense rating. It's like trying to take on a Revered Dragon at level 1 in Skyrim, or trying to down a battlecruiser with a single marine in Starcraft. When you're doing something specialized you have to know your limits.

4) Branch out. Both characters don't need to be pure archers. As a matter of fact you'll run into some serious complications if they are because of how reliant archers are on consumables for elemental damage - You'll be unable to exploit elemental rock paper scissors without losing a ton of gold. Get some basic magic skills going, or give one of them some melee skills, or give then Sneak.

Last edited by BobTheBard; 23/07/14 12:03 PM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I'm going with joke thread. Parody of other posts where people have absurd builds/ narrow expectations of the game/ desire for an I win button.

Alternative possibility: halpmepls is a desperately sad troll.

If it is a joke/parody thread its in very poor taste and doesn't paint a good picture for those randomly dropping in.

Originally Posted by Hiver
He just refuses to even learn the rules and the system and does one single thing and repeats it even though it isnt working.

I love that he wants to dump all his points into Dex and yet moans about not being able to properly multi class in the game.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
I have made archer characters, and they work just fine.
Because I understand the game mechanics.

I have made hybrid characters, and they work just fine.

When I miss an enemy, I know why.

All these people are trying to explain the game mechanics to you, and you're knee deep in your own righteous indignation that you're bad at a game.

stranger
stranger
By the way, I am not just a casual gamer like most people. I spend at least 10 hours a day, every day playing games. I don't play like a child, I play like an adult.

Great job, 5/5 - would get trolled again! hahaha

T
stranger
stranger
T

the game is designed so that you can play it only one way.

That sums up the fact that you have no idea what you're doing and is just being mad cause you can't understand what's going on. The game can be played in so many ways that it's hard to think of all of them.

old hand
old hand
You guys are too optimistic in thinking this is just trolling.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Hiver
You guys are too optimistic in thinking this is just trolling.
It helps me sleep at night.

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
*tips fedora*

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
*tips fedora*

Heh. Nice one.

M
M
I've gotten as far as you have (or further) playing with one character. She's an archer. She depends on stealth.

Higher level enemies are extremely difficult to hit. That's just an artifact of the level system (i.e. lvl 3 character, lvl 3 enemy, etc etc).

You CAN however sneak pretty much everywhere... collect all the stones, have all the "conversations" and collect a TON of loot.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard