Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0
Right now I am feeling very sad and let down.

During today's live-stream was THAT scene with Halsin in bear form. Even in redacted form it was enough to get them banned from TikTok. Possession of bestiality is illegal
here in the UK. And I have serious concerns about having a game that depicts actions that might, in the eyes of the law, be depicted as such. I do not want to potentially
risk getting into legal problems by owning this game, and as such have made Steam aware that I want a full refund, and for the game to be removed from my account. I
have no interest in coming back to the forums or seeing anybody's response to how I feel. I was only on the forums to enjoy the hype leading up to a game I was really looking
forward to playing. I'm now really sad as I have been looking forward to this game for three years, only for this to have been sprung on the community just before release.

Says the guy dressed in some sort of animal costume.... <SMH>

Last edited by Don Bartenstein; 07/07/23 07:58 PM. Reason: spelling typo
addict
addict
biggest let down, no classes preview window with all the spells and skills you get with levels and sneak attack didn't get fixed. Still looks to be an active skill. i would say mixed feelings all in all...

Last edited by Lastman; 07/07/23 08:28 PM.
old hand
old hand
People who try to be smart and political about this are just laughable, sorry. If an ingame sex-joke is unbearable to you, then you deserve to be laughed at. And please don't even bother responding. I've just had three beers and watched some good old Larian cringe from PFH, and I liked it with all my heart. Everyone offended can go cry in the corner, I am done with all the whining, hah.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Don Bartenstein
Says the guy dressed in some sort of animal costume.... <SMH>
LOL.

During the PFH Swen said that your choices of, e.g. sexuality and pronouns, would have consequences in the game. Imagine a male standing in a drow settlement and announcing that they wanted to be address as 'she'. I can't see the play lasting very long after that.

old hand
old hand
It seems like... mostly a joke? But I do want to know if my druid can shapeshift in response. It does seem like something two druids might get into.

Originally Posted by KLSLS
It didn't seem like they forced you to go down that path when romancing Halsin, just don't pick that option. Do what you want with the freedom you're given.

I think you're missing the point. Unless you work at Larian and are familiar with the dialogue trees, you have no more way than I do of knowing how this choice will affect a romantic relationship between Halsin and a player character. We heard a lot about the impact of choices and the importance of building trust during the panel. Is acceptance of bear sex required for Halsin to feel that you accept him for who he is--and therefore necessary for a trust-based romance? It doesn't feel at all good to be presented with that possibility. In the real world, sure, you would make a choice and move on, but in BG3, whether or not you've noticed, the number of good-aligned romance options is pretty limited, so possibly having to strike a favored option from your list is pretty disappointing.

Don't like it, don't do it is fine, but rather ignores the lack of alternatives, sort of like saying to someone disappointed by the lack of shorty companions, "So make yourTav a shorty." Ultimately a kind of cheap response.

On the other hand if any of you who are being dismissive can assure me that no this isn't a decision point that long term will serve a fork in the relationshp, please post your assurances.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Modesty filter ?

Last edited by Aurora42; 07/07/23 09:23 PM.
Sorry, I don't understand your point. What does this have to do with modesty and how would some sort of filter help?

Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Technically it's not bestiality - animals cannot consent - this is more like being a furry since both are consenting adults.
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Halsin is a Druid that can shapeshift and is fully sentient in his animal forms. So it ain't bestiality, otherwise you could say having sex with a centaur/werewolf/harpy etc... is also considered bestiality. If anything the scene was hilarious and a good presentation of how much freedom the player has in the game in terms of story.
I invite you both for a quick mental exercise: picture the 'bear' scene in your head, but image Halsin physically turns into a 6-year old child instead.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Llengrath
Technically it's not bestiality - animals cannot consent - this is more like being a furry since both are consenting adults.
Halsin is a Druid that can shapeshift and is fully sentient in his animal forms. So it ain't bestiality, otherwise you could say having sex with a centaur/werewolf/harpy etc... is also considered bestiality. If anything the scene was hilarious and a good presentation of how much freedom the player has in the game in terms of story.
I invite you both for a quick mental exercise: picture the 'bear' scene in your head, but image Halsin physically turns into a 6-year old child instead.

Let me invite you as well: picture Halsin not turning into any animal at all and just growling like a bear in a human form while clapping some, then picture a bunch of hurried people with silly faces writing something on the forums about animal sex.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe i understood you wrong, as you said since you havent played the game you dont know what a choise might lead to, and it can allow people to accidently stumle on some content, but to be honest i find this kinda hard, every dialague option i seen, its fairly obvious... but oki i guess it can still happen, and thats why i said "modesty filter" if you or someone absolutly dosent want to see these things or stumble on them by accident then use modesty filter... ?

Last edited by Aurora42; 07/07/23 09:45 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
So a Halfling.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Or a dragonborn, couse their reptiles ;P... is people claiming bestiality that all dragonborn romances is bestiality ?

Last edited by Aurora42; 07/07/23 09:48 PM.
W
W
Originally Posted by Swagnar
It really just boils down to "I was fine with murdering Goblin and Tiefling children, but consensual sex with an adult druid while he's wild-shaped is where I draw the line."
Isn't that aways the case, especially in that very large country to the west. it's fine to blow peoples brains out with their freedom-sticks, but god forbid you show some skin.

Edit: but i really don't consider stomping goblins as murder, it's more akin to killing roaches (roaches that will rape and kill you that is).

Last edited by williams85; 07/07/23 09:55 PM.
Originally Posted by Aurora42
Maybe i understood you wrong, as you said since you havent played the game you dont know what a choise might lead to, and it can allow people to accidently stumle on some content, but to be honest i find this kinda hard, every dialague option i seen, its fairly obvious... but oki i guess it can still happen, and thats why i said "modesty filter" if you or someone absolutly dosent want to see these things or stumble on them by accident then use modesty filter... ?

It would appear that indeed you found my words unintelligible--starting with whatever caused you to believe I haven't played the game (773 hours in early access is more than some, less than others). Anyway, given the total disconnect between what you and I believe I said, there's no point in debate. Thanks for attempting a helpful suggestion. smile

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Imryll

It would appear that indeed you found my words unintelligible--starting with whatever caused you to believe I haven't played the game (773 hours in early access is more than some, less than others). Anyway, given the total disconnect between what you and I believe I said, there's no point in debate. Thanks for attempting a helpful suggestion. smile

Just to clarify what I think you are missing they are pointing out that today Seven said their would be a modesty filter you can activate when you start a new game

apprentice
apprentice
I invite every prude to uninstall the game.

Honestly, get over it. It's so unserious. Find something real to be upset about.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I wonder what the Red Queen thought of it.

W
W
Or a dragonborn, couse their reptiles ;P... is people claiming bestiality that all dragonborn romances is bestiality ?

Originally Posted by neprostoman

Let me invite you as well: picture Halsin not turning into any animal at all and just growling like a bear in a human form while clapping some, then picture a bunch of hurried people with silly faces writing something on the forums about animal sex.
What if an animal transformed into a human body, would that be ok?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by williams85
What if an animal transformed into a human body, would that be ok?

From my personal standpoint? Yes, until its in a game. Otherwise, I'd sh** my pants.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard