Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
stranger
stranger
A
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing, I've wrote about it to the devs. You can check that in HWiNFO.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I also would like to know if the dev are working on something on this issue. Especially the heat.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Thanks for the update!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by player1
Here is the thing. In most of there reported cases here I bet game actually uses better card. It's just issue what game thing it runs on, not what is actually used. So only side-effect is that is does not recommend high or greater settings, due to low VRAM.

If you are not so sure:

1) Use FRAPS
2) Check frame rate when playing
3) edit the game and force through your video card panel to use Intel graphics
4) run the game: you'll notice steep performance decrease

And yes, RomeTW2 had exactly the same problem.

This is quite correct. I get 20-25FPS when I choose my Intel HD Graphics while I get a minimum of 30 with my AMD 8650.

However, the reason people is thinking that the game is not running on their switchable graphics is: both that the in-game settings showing the Intel HD instead of nVidia/AMD and the fact that the game really doesn't makes you feel like it's running on your nVidia/AMD.

I get a minimum of 30FPS, yes but the game always feels choppy. Even at the times that it doesn't feels choppy, the camera does. The camera does alot indeed.

This is a huge negative for me. I can play the game but I can't enjoy it with this situation. However, I have faith that the dev's won't let us alone on this and will silence us with a sweet patch focused on optimization, especially for laptop/mobility users.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Still waiting to hear from the devs on this issue!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Nothing has been changed for laptop performance since the last update. Do we still have a chance to play with our discrete card usage? Dear Dev's are you going to change something for this issue?

K
stranger
stranger
K
They said they would, that's all we know. Though I wouldn't bet on it that anything will happen in this regard, ever. Too bad ...

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I must say mine run better than before, but still underperform on my laptop.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I am having the same issue. Alienware laptop with AMD Radeon/Intel. Just bought the game yesterday on steam.

T
stranger
stranger
T
[quote=Marther]I did it! I switch game to windowed mode and that worked! Huray! 60 fps :) Strange that no one suggested that, because Larian even added "fake fullscreen" mode as probable workaround to that problem. [/quote]

Thank you! Yesterday I've lost my whole evening trying to run it on my laptop (HP Pavilion 17-e026sr, AMD A4 5150M, AMD Radeon HD 8350G + AMD Radeon HD 8670M, 4GB, Win8.1).
I installed all Win updates, latest AMD drivers, flashed my BIOS (there's still no option to turn off integrated video), tried to turn off video via device manager, enabled High Performance for application in Catalyst CC, downgraded to old drivers from HP site...
Finally I read your comment and it works!!! The game still lags a little, but now I can play it.

Last edited by Tolianych; 09/10/14 06:48 AM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
For me Windowed or Fake Fullscreen doesn't change anything. It's even worst.

When it's quiet onscreen I'm around 22-25 FPS at 1920x1080 VSYNC Triple Buffered, High Setting but some visual effect disabled.

I'm on i7 8GB ram Nvidia 750M

I'm not expecting 60fps, but I would hope to get at least a stable 25 FPS. WHile moving or fighting it's down to 10-15 FPS

R
stranger
stranger
R
I am having the same problem.

Lenovo Y40, 8 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M275 2GB.

This is very frustrating. It looks like this has been a problem for months, but it has not been addressed by Larian.

Larian: please address this problem. I just bought this game, but it is totally unplayable.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Amazing! What Dias33 said is just working ! Alienware 17x 860m. After I switch off this / secure boot / , the game worked right , recogenized Nvidia card just in a sec. I am so so so thankful.

And guys, just give it a try. It actually works.

Thanks again pal !

E
stranger
stranger
E
Ultra 60fps go~~~~~~~~~~

R
stranger
stranger
R
Whenever I enter BIOS the secureboot feature is greyed out but already unchecked but I am still having the same issue. The game still only recognizes my intel 4000 card rather than my Radeon 7500

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I don't remember if I changed anything in the BIOS, but the Enhanced Edition recognize my GPU.

The game work better, officially auto-detect want me to put the game at ULTRA. Doing this I go around 25 FPS at the start of the game with my 750M.

Working with the setting, I choose HIGH but put shadow to very low and everything else to OFF.

Game looks great and I have around 45 FPS, wich is fine for that kind of game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I tried the solution of Das33, but on my Acer Aspire 7739G the Bios is so useless, only few option allowed. I tried to update it on the offical Acer page here

http://www.acer.fr/ac/fr/FR/content/drivers

But it only make me move from my current V1.05 to v1.06, and it is a useless as the first one.

Here is the video that explain how update Bios, if it may give a clue to a final solution. I will keep reading here for help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0T07AzQw0

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard