Originally Posted by blazed

1) Both mods which were not available at the time I was playing SC2:WOL.

When your argument rests on your own personal history, which we have no way of knowing about, then... *shrug* Get a mirror, we're not interested. A better ape, I mean monkey, I mean lizard, I mean person would just admit they were ignorant of the modding scene, eh?

I was merely attempting to educate people about how to do it right, and to point out that even with active IPs, there are ways around your (frankly ignorant) mis-reading of the Law. For the record, using the threat of ignoring me is kinda cute, given the tone of the peanut gallery. Hint: I ain't the one worried about it.

This dirty Ape wins - flawless victory. birthdayjump

I do love the reference to "wikipedia references".. when none of my links are to wiki pages, all are accurately sourced, show an accurate and useful understanding of the current modding scene & legal ramifications and this chump hasn't provided a whit of evidence for his total melt-down.

Oh. He did once make some anime commentary videos on YouTube, that got taken down.

Such is the life of the sub-Ape reptile lizard from Mars, eh?

Originally Posted by blazed
Apparently I encouraging people to ask owners politely was "Bullshit" information by SteamUser. The fact he doesn't understand basic courtesy (rather than outright stealing) or that just because someone allows it doesn't mean it's not copyright infringement, the fact that they can change their mind at any time and take you to court and pretty much win, pretty much proves that it's copyright infringement at all times, always at the hands of mercy.

This muppet doesn't even understand the basics about Law.

Law doesn't give a flying fuck about "courtesy". No business will ever give such permissions as such permissions amount to a legal rescinding of their rights over said copyrights to all parties. Once such permissions are given, the claimant has no legal recourse to any party in the future. Aka, it becomes Public property.

II. Other Defenses

A. Preemption has been successfully argued as a defense when a state cause of action has been
brought against a D. The 1976 Act sought to clarify preemption and did so to some extent, but
not completely, and cases continue to turn on preemption...

B. The copyright may be expired, or the holder may have forfeited his or her rights in the work; both
of which are defenses to infringement.

http://www.unc.edu/~unclng/copyright-defenses.htm

I'm so happy I'm ignored so this fuckwit doesn't spam us with more bollocks.

Last edited by SteamUser; 02/08/14 06:37 AM.