Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Damar Stiehl
The interface is just bad. Some stuff should have been avoided if the designers took Interface Design 101.

Such as?

Actual details are always more useful than vague generics... that wont help anyone...

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
The fact that opening up a backpack opens it OVER YOUR INVENTORY instead of to one side or the other.
The fact that there's no delay on popup text, meaning that while browsing your inventory, you have 2-3 items blocked by a popup text box at all times.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Jito463
Originally Posted by vehementi
It is very easy to walk carefully on ice and not fall, with non specialized shoes. Not sure where you're getting your info, LOL.

That's the key thing, though. If you *walk* across the ice, you won't slip and fall. If you click far enough out that you *run* across the ice, you will fall. See?

No, *you* see it now that it was pointed out to you above, but no, it still doesn't make sense, because the gold standard in this game is "characters path around obstacles" i.e. act safely, and in this situation they run across. And you don't have a way to enter walk mode aside from clicking a few feet in front of you. That is a failure of interface, not "aha you carelessly ran across ice". You're grasping at straws and it really shows. But hey, why bother responding to internet comments.

Last edited by vehementi; 02/08/14 04:27 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
- slipping on ice when out of combat is pure user punishment and should be removed. My dudes automatically path around fire etc., and should either "walk carefully" on ice, or path around it, not slip multiple times. (I don't want to hear anything about 'equip the snow boots' - I didn't have them yet and this out of combat mechanic is just poor).

I agree. By the way, you can do something very simple to permanently immunize you from that. I was very happy when I discovered it.
Any boots can be upgraded to snow boots using a simple craft.No need to be in a forge for that but maybe a small craft level. Simply put nails on

Last edited by Zorgi; 02/08/14 06:33 AM.
addict
addict
No, *you* see it now that it was pointed out to you above, but no, it still doesn't make sense, because the gold standard in this game is "characters path around obstacles" i.e. act safely, and in this situation they run across. And you don't have a way to enter walk mode aside from clicking a few feet in front of you. That is a failure of interface, not "aha you carelessly ran across ice". You're grasping at straws and it really shows. But hey, why bother responding to internet comments.

I just re-read your post, and I obviously misinterpreted it the first time. I was tired and thought you were saying something different. My bad.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dirigible
The fact that opening up a backpack opens it OVER YOUR INVENTORY instead of to one side or the other.
The fact that there's no delay on popup text, meaning that while browsing your inventory, you have 2-3 items blocked by a popup text box at all times.

I give you the backpack.

The popup however... no. I don't want to wait 2 seconds or something for every item popup to appear to see what's better than what or what has what status effects. That's far more annoying that the current system, believe me...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Originally Posted by dirigible

I give you the backpack.

The popup however... no. I don't want to wait 2 seconds or something for every item popup to appear to see what's better than what or what has what status effects. That's far more annoying that the current system, believe me...

Personally, I'd like the info box popup to be adjustable, but even a 1 second delay would be beneficial while scrolling through the inventory.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
When I open a book, hitting ESC should close that book. In fact, hitting ESC closes my inventory, and hitting ESC a second time closes the book. That should be reversed.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
^

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Can't seem to whetstone boost my Superior 2h Axe (it seems to work but the damage is the same).

(The whetstone in Luculla is annoyingly far away from the smelter!)

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Crafted items come already whetstoned, if I recall.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard