Originally Posted by florps
i don't think it is ugly or stupid. We are talking about a fantasy game, so the argument about being practical is a bit silly, no? But in any case i would like the developer to decide how he wants to design the characters.

Being a fantasy setting or not has nothing to do with not breaking it's "rules".

It would be like wizards in harry potter sometimes forgetting their wands but casting spells anyway (I know there are some wizards who can cast spells without wands, but it's not all spells, and only a selected few wizards can).
Or a gunfight story where more often than not, people fire more bullets than physically can fit inside their cartridge, while still letting some people be out of ammo in the middle of a fight.

I don't know if you noticed, but D:OS does stand by it's own rules. There are many fantastic elements, sure! But the universe have it's own rules, which are respected to make a coherent story.

Oil burns, poison explodes, liquids get electrified, items are practical and there is physics!
Yes, we have superhuman feats! Warriors can spin their weapons and damage multiple opponents, jump so fast and so fierce that leave burning trails on the ground while reaching far out places. And those rules are not broken.

You can use physics to deal damage, fall high enough and you take damage, throw enemies in the air and they take damage, throw items at people and they take damage.
If you see an fully armored enemy, it's armor is high, people using only clothes have lower armor and you expect fire beasts to be either immune or have high fire resistance.

So, why is there no "boob plate"? Exactly because the game's universe rules wouldn't really fit with it.
I mean, how many fully platted woman there are in an area? How much resources does the city have? Why would the blacksmith even care about doing different armors for man and woman when they clearly don't have enough material to waste. And we are not even talking about the woman's armor being horrible for battle!
Everyone is complaining about people dying left and right, they don't have people to spare, and suggesting making different items that only fit a specific gender would make Aureus laugh at your face.

The game is alive, the city is alive, it's inhabitants are alive. Yes, it is a fantastic setting and as such you wouldn't be shocked to see a skimpy succubus, or a lustful enemy that uses it's look to get the upper hand. But when everything is so detailed having something like, the city guards, wearing skimpy outfits would just be a bucket of cold water on the player's face.

Last edited by Saishy; 05/09/14 06:49 PM.