Originally Posted by Elwyn
Beside, grave digging IS dangerous and an immoral task. I remember the one grave in Cyseal, where characters even discuss whether they should dig it up or leave the dead rest in peace (and there is even a warning "are you really sure you want to dig it up?")

We're not debating that it presently is dangerous (that much is rather obvious). But why thematically should it be? Were a skeleton to arise, that would hardly be an issue for the source hunters.

And the very same characters that supposedly warned me (if I happened to approach the particular grave you mention) are the same that constantly squeak "I've spotted something!" when I encounter a grave.

The issue of morality is only interesting when players are free to make meaningful choices. At other times Larian rewards immoral players, such as by buffs associated with negative traits (egotistical, heartless..). I don't debate there should be punishment associated with some player choices, but the punishment should be engaging, or even fun (jump scares, debuffs, fights, reputation loss etc).

Last edited by synra; 21/09/14 10:02 AM.