What nobody has thought about in this thread is the state of their Windows installations. An older installation, especially vendor-supplied "enhanced" installations that came with all kinds of crapware and driver issues - may simply cause performance bottlenecks with no good explanation. Add to that the wrong graphics driver (not recommended for your GPU, outdated etc) and you have a problem.

I was able to play and finish D:OS without any lagging on this modest hardware:

Intel core i7 Q840 at 1.87 GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX 1800M (Driver 340.66)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Clean and Minimal Install - I use Windows for gaming only)
8 GB RAM

I am not sure what the framerate was, but it was sufficient (with settings mostly on High/ Ultra and VSync enabled). CPU was maxed out (slightly overclocked through MSI Afterburner) with temperatures around 80ï½°C, D:OS ran on all eight available CPU threads. Total CPU Load between 17% and about 70%, depending on situation.

I believe that there is some good evidence that these issues are isolated and maybe traced to bad Windows installation or hardware issues. Some of you guys with issues literally have twenty times more GPU power in your systems than my laptop and at least two or three times faster CPUs.

Common hardware issues that people tend to overlook:

- Flaky Power Supplies
- Memory Problems
- Motherboard/ bus errors

And no, not all games and software will show hardware issues in the same way. Anyways, if your Windows install is older than about two years or vendor-supplied, I would probably start by doing a clean install from an original, stock Windows 7 image (not some weird vendor "system recovery" junk)