Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I couldn't find too many answers for why I was getting meaningless error codes when I was trying to save a game AND why my game would crash trying to load a save.

I figured out eventually that my SSD had basically no disk space, and I suppose the game is saving incompletely since there was no space to put the saveinfo....

Anyway, I STRONGLY suggest coding something or what not that stops you from saving the game at all if you have no disc space rather than letting the game "save" some fake/non-functioning save file.

I only had to backtrack a tiny bit, but for some people it could be more. And maybe it'll save others who have this issue time.

I forget which error codes, but it was 501-504. I dunno if they mean you have no disk space to save .... but some message or prompt needs indicate that in english.

Otherwise, fun game. Thanks.

Support
Support

Those error messages indicate problems writing the level cache files to the temporary save folder, creating the final save folder and copying the save files.

Did you turn off OS notifications of low disk space? The game could maybe check that when loading the list of saves for a profile, or check after certain save errors...

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard