Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
So, I took a break from the game whilst I persuaded my friends to get it so we could try multiplayer. I heard a lot of complaints about the introduction of tenebrium weapons to the game, saying it penalises you for spending points on weapon skills and forces you to respec late game to make the most of your skill points. Two handed weapons skills seem to get criticised as being totally wasted due to this.

Is this still a problem?
Is it even considered a design flaw or was it a completely intentional addition that is working as intended?
Have the devs made any comments about this?
Should I wait for a patch that will address this before I put some serious time into the game again?

Sorry for all the questions, the only info I could find out about this on the forums seemed to be from months ago and was pretty inconclusive. It took some serious hunting through the forums too, as for some reason they didn't come up when I searched.

P.S. I love this game, think it is one of the most enjoyable CRPGs of the decade, though when I played it soon after release there were definitely some balance/design flaws IMHO (which also lead to me taking break from playing).

Last edited by Llamageddon; 04/11/14 05:49 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I actually found tenebrium weapons to be overrated. They are handy for the enemies that a vulnerable to it, but in general I regretted spending a lot of points on tenebrium.

So I think the game game is completely playable with you spending points on the the regular weapon slots and then near the end of the game spend a couple of points on tenebrium. The end of the game is also the easiest and so you definitely need these weapons points in the early game.

I think the all debate about tenebrium has mostly been for power players that really wanted to max you the characters and plan ahead. But since the last half of the game is pretty easy you really don't need to.

So play it now and enjoy. I am not a D:OS dev, but I think the design is intended.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Tenebrium weapons are excellent if you plan your build in advance to account for them. Most enemies have no Tenebrium resistance but most do have some sort of elemental resistance (elemental damage from essences are the alternative to Tenebrium). You can get 7 Tenebrium skill for a 70% damage increase without having to rely on gear.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
It is not unbalanced, it was never unbalanced and without drastic changes it will never be unbalanced. And some of the hardest opponents late game actually do have some tenebrium resistance.

Regards,
Thorsten

Link Copied to Clipboard