A lot of my suggestions are only really about Original Sin and not so much for a new game.

Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Intelligence shouldn't drive down cooldown, way over powered.

I think that I agree with this. It makes things harder to balance too, as cooldowns go down to 1 for a lot of spells.

Can't invest too deep in all schools. Perhaps a point in each but only a few can go deeper. What happens is by end game many chars all have the same stuff, especially if you mix mages for example. I love all the choices, but they seemed to equal.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing out on some things, or maybe I'm ignoring other abilities in favour of skill+ abilities, but I haven't seen this to be a huge problem. My L16 Wizard has maxed out Fire and Earth, and has 2 points into Water and Loremaster, plus some into Willpower, I think.

My Shadowblade has 4 Witch, 3 Air and 3 Scoundrel, and I can currently get one of those to 4, I just haven't decided which one yet. I think Jahan is 4/4/3 with Air, Water and Witchcraft, and he has invested into Willpower as well. Madora has maxed Two-Handed and Warrior and has a touch of Fire.

My Shadowblade and Jahan have points into Air and Witchcraft, but they tend to focus in different areas. Same as my Wizard and Jahan - they both have water, but Jahan is going for the healing and control and my Wizard is picking the damage-dealing spells. There's room for two characters to use the same element without duplication.

CC rounds in general should be reduced.

Once you learn a skill book you shouldn't for get it if you put something else in its place while trying different things.

I certainly wouldn't mind if you got a skillbook back if you forgot a spell, but I guess it's for balance reasons and they don't want you to switch much, so I will second this, but won't complain if it doesn't happen.