LordCrash already had everything I had in mind listed, but it bears repeating anyway and some stuff is just my personal preference, this is big stuff for the next games, not minor things.

Characters - Companions: More complex, more interesting, more UNIQUE. With personality, with dialog and consequences related to what we *do* and not just what we *say*. Companions that feel like they are alive, and not just a healer class we needed because we didn't run our own healer.

Singleplayer: Please give us option (and take this into consideration when writing your story) to start with -1- player made character. In D:OS the story interlinked it so I grudgingly RP'd it, but the actual play-experience was just that it was 1 companion with nearly zero personality. It felt so .. empty. Yeah we got the personality setting which sadly only involved dialog and never a true personality (like one might be used it from say, Dragon Age Inquisition characters.. or BG2 companions) but that was not enough. If you give us the option to make characters then give COOP players the ability to make 1 for each player, and make a plot where that make sense ,) Or roll the plot of player created characters from a pool.. or something. I don't know what the best solution is ;(

Writing: Writing sets mood, writing in D:OS does not set good moods wink Larger RPG needs better writing, less *verbose* writing and yet more mood setting writing.

Going beyond: An RPG not pushing boundaries in story telling and companion interaction, be it subject matter, quests, or involving players ethics, morals and emotions, always falls flat. This is why Torment is the defacto king of story in RPG's a game about mortality, memories, living and death, that to those that played it and actually read it, as opposed just "fought through it" will never forget. And why BG2 is the king of RPG's in general (Because companions were more or less living) a new Larian RPG should strife for such things wink

And especially when it is Sci-FI then mood is everything. If you make it dystopian you absolutely need to push the story writing beyond generic sci-fi. And more importantly than not being generic, is not being annoying in gameplay.

Anyway... Larian made a decent RPG. After an imo slightly side-tracked Dragon Knight Saga expansion and a even more side-tracked original game in that series.. where ideas were aplenty, but the execution lacked. If the combat hadn't been what it was in DKS I'd rank it pretty much above even Skyrim. Because I love dragons (more than even sci-fi)