Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
My brother and I have a good game going on, but when he tries to join my game from his PC, the "Connecting" screen freezes, he cannot click cancel. We have tried direct connect which didn't solve the problem.

The only workaround we have found is highly unreliable; it involves me creating a game from different save files, sometimes he can join the game, and then from there, load the latest save file. But this is both tiresome, and, as mentioned, very unreliable; we have no idea which save files are going to work for this trick.

But the fact that it has worked before, and that neither of us have changed WIFI or internet settings since then, suggests that the problem isn't with firewalls or antivirus systems. What can we do?

(Also, another thing: Turning down all the game volume to 0 does not mute the game, which I would have liked to hear my brother properly via Skype. Will this be changed soon?)

M
stranger
stranger
M
My friend and I are having this same exact problem. We have been able to connect to each other before (with minor problems), but now we cannot seem to connect at all. We have tried loading different save files - as suggested above - to no avail. We both checked our firewall and anti-virus software and ensured that the game was allowed through them.

Please help bring resolution to this issue, as my friend and I bought this game so we could play it together.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Mega bread, we have had some luck using the following method: I enter the game that we want to play from, and he only opens Steam, not D:OS. From steam he finds me on his friends list and clicks join game. It works sometimes. Maybe it can help you, too, but I would really like to see this fixed.

Support
Support

If you have not done so already, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version) for both systems. The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, the host can delete all but one save from the zip, and the person joining can delete all saves (if they have any from a different playthrough, etc).

Have you tried switching who was hosting a game?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Have you tried the Steam invite function? One person during the beta had problems joining a game from the loby list, but if they were not in the game when receiving an invitation the game would load and join automatically.

There is also Direct Connection, using either an IP address or the Server ID (that the host can get after loading the game, in the Show Connection menu [diamond icon top of mini-map]).

Can you try a LAN connection? (possibly combined with VPN software like Hamachi or Tunngle)

If anyone is using a laptop, set the power options to high performance and make sure the wifi is not set to turn off after some period of inactivity (someone reported that that caused frequent disconnects for them, though they were able to connect to start with).

Depending on your modem and connection method, can you bypass your router and connect the modem directly to your computer? Port forwarding may help, since this seems like a networking issue. Copied from another topic:
The game's client will try to assign a port in the range 23243-23252, the server in the range 23253-23262. While forwarding these ports on your gateway might help, there is no guarantee the gateway will assign an external port in this range when connecting to our NATPunch server (this is the port that will be assumed to be the external port for all connections).

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard