I find it perfectly within the realm of reason that blackjacks aren't allowed to backstab. After all, it's an ability that allows you to do double damage by stabbing someone in the back. Aside from the literal fail of using a blunt instrument to "stab" someone, there is the additional fail of not being able to stab someone in the kidney with a bag of rocks.

I mean, any way you look at it the only thing you're possibly doing with a blackjack is knocking someone on the head. The whole point of the backstab ability is to reflect the user's skill at finding a weak spot on the target's back side. There's a word for it...I can't remember. Points around the body...pressure points?

Anyway, /rantoff. I'm happy with it being limited to piercing weapons. It bothers me a LITTLE that you can use rapiers...kind've should be limited to knives and daggers if you ask me.

But the blackjack...it should offer the chance to knockdown an opponent. I know you can mod that onto an item, but I wonder if you can make it have a greater chance to knockdown from BEHIND. That would probably be way more in line with what you're asking as far as game mechanics versus realism. At least OMO!

Take care.