Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Support
Support

There was another Instagram teaser yesterday, a small part of a larger picture.

Support
Support

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
So, how many pieces of the picture are there? Do we get an update after the last bit is revealed?

old hand
old hand
There is supposed to be a Kickstarter update this week, so hopefully it includes some additional revelations.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
old hand
old hand
Random conjecture: there's going to be an arena of some kind. Arenas are usually circles, right?

Support
Support

There are enough sections of the picture to give more teasers than there are days left until the Kickstarter update, after excluding parts that would be less interesting or too much of a spoiler. That update should presumably be this week, if last Friday's estimate of 'a week' is accurate, so at best there will probably only be one or two more pieces revealed before the full image is.

OP Offline
So... A screaming orc in armor and a woman? Maybe there'll be some feature to let us choose a race in character delection. I'd love to play as a lizardman or elf (especially given how conspicuously absent they are from DOS).

Originally Posted by Windemere
I really don't expect a day/night cycle for original sin - ever. It's a ridiculous amount of work with little return for it at this point. I would like to see one in Larian's future adventures when they can design for it from the start, but retrofitting D:OS for one now is one of the least likely things I can imagine them doing.

A day/night cycle would actually entail very little work and could be done fairly quickly. I think you're confusing day/night cycles with NPC schedules, which are two very different things.

Day/night cycles would simply make the world more dynamic--both visually and in terms of ambient SFX.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin
So... A screaming orc in armor and a woman? Maybe there'll be some feature to let us choose a race in character delection. I'd love to play as a lizardman or elf (especially given how conspicuously absent they are from DOS).

I really don't expect a day/night cycle for original sin - ever. It's a ridiculous amount of work with little return for it at this point. I would like to see one in Larian's future adventures when they can design for it from the start, but retrofitting D:OS for one now is one of the least likely things I can imagine them doing.

A day/night cycle would actually entail very little work and could be done fairly quickly. I think you're confusing day/night cycles with NPC schedules, which are two very different things.

Day/night cycles would simply make the world more dynamic--both visually and in terms of ambient SFX.

A well done night cycle would actually still be quite a lot of work, because each individual zone (e.g., the fire zone in Cyseal) would have to have three or four different atmospheres specifically designed for it, and there's a number of issues to overcome with regarding zone tranfers, saves (how to remember what atmosphere you have), and other problems with making sure the player has the right atmosphere. Maybe Larian could pull it off in less time than I'd imagine, but either way Swen has said he doesn't want a day/night cycle without NPC schedules anyway, which is a huge amount of work.

Day/Night transitions are pretty awesome for sure, but they lose some immersion when everyone at the marketplace is standing around selling wares at 3 AM.

old hand
old hand

Not in Larian's mind, last time Swen commented on it. He was quite clear that he had no intentions to bother with a day/night cycle that was simply aesthetic.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
It isn't going to be a racial selection, that's also too much work to implement.

old hand
old hand
You know, an Xbox 360 is a circle. think

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
old hand
old hand
Divinity 3: Finally Kill Damian.

Originally Posted by virumor
Divinity 3: Finally Kill Damian.

I'm betting Damian finally kills YOU! (Or the Divine), then we'll have an expansion where the Dragon Knight tracks the damned one down and shakes his/her fist at him while he blows up the world.

Then they will go all J.J. Abrams on us and do a spinoff that connects D:OS and the main Div game where events led to an alternate reality to be created where none of this actually happened.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! silly

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
G
addict
addict
G
what about a campaign of an Orc warrior and assasin woman as servants of Leandra?
You could reuse some places, but fight on oposite side. Crash few pigskin scum, attack Cisaeal Harbour, burn the ship, storm the Black Cove, plunder Hunter vilage, butcher imps at Hibernhaim ... .

Lots of fun - it is a circle somehow.

Last edited by gGeo; 14/05/15 04:33 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
If I had to walk another time through Cyseal I would murder everyone there anyway. So by the gods please do not let it be an expansion that starts or even in any way touches Cyseal ;P I got so burned out by that town during beta.. it's the reason I just flat out ignore all beta's nowadays.

V
stranger
stranger
V
*checks email*

*sees D:OS kickstarter update*

*reads email*

D:OS Enhanced Edition? A completely new game? That's great! Except... I'm still busy with the Immaculates. I'm not half done yet! It's going to take months still with my pace. Why do you torment me so? *sob*

Last edited by Verequus; 15/05/15 10:05 AM.
addict
addict
Given this latest update, I wonder if they still plan to release a patch for the default Original Sin, or if the Enhanced Edition is the new big "patch"?

Support
Support

The 'big update' became the Enhanced Edition.

enthusiast
enthusiast
No the *big* news is that this *isn't* one of the 2 secret RPG's.. wink I am really happy Larian can do all this, we'll see what comes of it, hopefully a fun RPG, maybe better, an awesome RPG? Massively overhauled story... does that mean our criticism of the character development (or rather, complete lack of it) was heard?

old hand
old hand

Not in Larian's mind, last time Swen commented on it. He was quite clear that he had no intentions to bother with a day/night cycle that was simply aesthetic.

I always took the Day/Night issues as NPC schedules as well, which imo that is the biggest deal of the two. They have a light-sourced 3d game already, the actual visuals would be imo a lot less work than dealing with schedules. PoEt went Day/Night visuals, with static NPC's for example.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard