Originally Posted by The Centaur
Okay, I understand your reasoning against Jeremy Soule now, although there is one small point I have to disagree with:

Originally Posted by LordCrash
... Divinity is a traditional European franchise.

This is definitely no longer true. Larian currently has offices not only in Gent, Dublin and St. Petersburg, but also in Quebec and Sacramento. Besides, Larian is by origin a Belgian company, so if you want to look at the company's origins, shouldn't you look for a good Belgian composer? wink
(but, honestly, I really don't care about the nationality of the composer, as long as (s)he is able to do a good job)

Well, Quebec is in Franconian Canada which is traditionally much more European than typcial North American. I'd even say the Quebec area has more in common with France than with the US (was there on holidays once myself)... wink

If they find a very good Belgian composer, why not? I just don't know any. Kirill himself was Russian though.

I did... I clearly stated that his only experience in the field is the Gothic/Risen series, and they all sound very similar. I have absolutely no indications that he is capable of producing a good soundtrack for D:OS2 that does not sound like any of those, and I am unwilling to simply take the risk. I'd rather put my faith in someone who has already proven that he is capable of handling the variety.

Maybe you want to google Kai. He kickstarted a new solo album last year and there are some tracks that are very different to how the Gothic series sounded.

Last edited by LordCrash; 01/10/15 02:39 PM.

WOOS