Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Aim_Ed
I have no idea how to do the extractor part.(which is the first step)

I put the copy of Main.pak in a folder and when I try to extract it using the tool it says https://i.imgur.com/pXXnuuY.jpg

I'm not incredibly savvy so I have no idea what to do. If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Select Main.pak in the "Package path" box (no need to copy it), select the folder where you want to extract Main.pak to in the "Extraction / source path" box.

Originally Posted by ignorhunter
Hey there thanks for your work! I have a problem tho, when i Open the EoCApp.exe with the hex editor and use the search to find that pattern, it says there's no such pattern...any suggestion?

search for "41 4A 00 40 0F B6 C7 48 8B 4C 24 60 48 33 CC E8 34 38 AA FF".
Replace the bytes "40 0F B6 C7" with "31 C0 F7 D0".

The pattern is for the latest patch (v2.0.99.113), for older versions it may be different. Which version are you using?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Haha, that was a bit boneheaded of me. I got it to work fully now, thank you very much!

Last edited by Aim_Ed; 29/10/15 10:30 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I have the GoG version of the game and it kept saying that the mod "Main" was invalid when just copying in meta.lsx, even unmodified. I ended up copying in the entire exploded package, with the modified file. So far it hasn't complained but won't be able to test it for a few hours.

The executable is also slightly different. The chain still exists, but the third to last block is 37 instead of 38. The full sequence for the GoG executable is "41 4A 00 40 0F B6 C7 48 8B 4C 24 60 48 33 CC E8 F4 37 AA FF".

Latest version as of the time of writing this is 2.0.99.10.

Last edited by LAROmega; 30/10/15 02:49 AM. Reason: Works great. Thanks for the hard work!
I
stranger
stranger
I
I have the GoG version too, so it's the 2.0.99.113. I'm gonna try the new pattern suggested here and see if it works..BTW just to be clear, this mod allows you to let your 3rd/4th friend play as a companion? I mean, there's no way to start a game and create 3/4 main characters like in the first game until they release the official mod tools right?

stranger
stranger
Tried this on an open server, and it worked fine. I don't mind playing a companion in the least (I love Wolgraff), so I just gave the source hunters away and ran around as the mute rogue for a few hours. I didn't see any bugs or hangs anywhere.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Ok so when I today logged on Divinity I got this error message referred to the file in the Mods/Main folder...

https://imgur.com/KocQpLj

I found the pattern in the .exe file and it seems to be fine, but I have no idea what's wrong with the first part...I've read what LAROmega said but I dont get what "copying in the entire exploded package, with the modified file" means.

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by ignorhunter
Ok so when I today logged on Divinity I got this error message referred to the file in the Mods/Main folder...

https://imgur.com/KocQpLj

I found the pattern in the .exe file and it seems to be fine, but I have no idea what's wrong with the first part...I've read what LAROmega said but I dont get what "copying in the entire exploded package, with the modified file" means.

That just means to unpack the main.pak and placed everything you just extracted into the Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data folder.

The game engine logic is such that it loads assets from within the Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\ folder. Assets can either be stored in a regular file tree, or as a an archive (a .pak file). The game engine prioritizes loading from folders over paks.

Mine worked fine by just moving the file I modified over.

The error you're getting seems to indicate you've corrupted something. It would probably be easier to start clean than trying to find the source. Get the game working again by restoring your backed up files, and then make the modifications.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I got the same error. I think it was because the meta.lsx in my mods/main/ destination was from a previous patch. So I just refreshed the game cache through steam and started over. The mod works fine and I was able to play with 3 friends for a few hours without any problems.

My only concern is that the hex edit might change with future patches as well?

Last edited by luckyme; 30/10/15 02:19 PM.
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by luckyme

Should it change locating the new values wouldn't be too hard now that I know what to look for in assembly.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by luckyme

Finding the new offsets / patterns is a roughly ~5 minute process, so it isn't that hard *if* the code is not changed significantly.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Okay, thanks so much guys, me and my friends finally are able to play togheter without any issue. Everything works perfectly fine!

Just to be clear to any wanderer, the "mod" works for both GoG and Steam versions!

L
stranger
stranger
L
[quote=luckyme]I got the same error. I think it was because the meta.lsx in my mods/main/ destination was from a previous patch.[/quote]

Pretty sure this is why I had issues too. Thinking back I ran everything in the order of the thread. So when I went to modify the exe I installed the patch, which means Main.pak was changed.

Time to install the correct files. :ouch:

Edit: Is my lack of markup because the account is new?

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
I had an idea earlier tonight and did a little bit of tinkering. I managed to get the game to start with 4 source hunter characters in the party.

http://i.imgur.com/hXuRnA2.png

This would eliminate the need for the exe modification, but makes each client require modified CharacterCreation files. It's still a work in progress sort of deal. The character creation screen still needs work. Most likely it would work by doing a character creation screen for players 1 and 2, after these players confirm their choice it would then load a 2nd copy of a character creation screen with players 3 and 4 customizing their characters. I think this would just be a matter of modifying the trigger that makes the game engine load the Cyseal map after hitting accept on the CharacterCreation level. You would just need to modify it to load a CharacterCreation2 map that has Player3 and Player4 spawned. The CharacterCreation2 map can be created using the tools for the original game.

I made this work by making a modified CharacterCreation level using the tools for the original game. In this level I have player 1, 2, 3, and 4 spawned. The character creation level wasn't changed for EE and it's able to pass the player creation data to the Cyseal map which is loaded afterwards. The meta.lsx files which the orginal game's editor creates also need to be modified for EE in a few ways, otherwise they just hard-lock the game client on level load.

I might be explaining this poorly but I just wanted to throw some more ideas out here.

Last edited by Foodchain; 31/10/15 08:35 AM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
LAROmega and luckyme, yeah the error was caused by the meta.lsx file being outdated, and since the backup file was causing me some issues I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game, after that I changed the values and everything works fine ever since.

Last edited by ignorhunter; 31/10/15 08:54 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Hey, I just made an account to ask you for a bit of help.
It seems the hex code changes from version to version, as I have version 2.0.98.842 and cannot find the hex line you've quoted. I tried the alternative line that someone else posted and still had no luck. I've used three different hex editors.

What should I do?

F
stranger
stranger
F
Good to know you're progressing !

Foodchain, can you please explain how you've done your modification for 4 player creating ?
Or maybe share the file with us ? ( I don't know if sharing map file is possible...)
It seems an interesting way anyway.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I've been trying out the 4 player "Mod". The initial instructions seemed plenty to get it working. I can say, it works! I popped my connection mode to anyone and 3 people joined. We each had free control of a character and combat worked completely fine. The only issue that someone claimed they were unable to see their skills and health bar.

Now that's all fine and dandy. Good Job. 10/10

Later the same day my little brother wanted a go of divinity, I was like hell yeah pop that into split screen mode and we gonna get funky.

Played through the start of the game, got to Cyseal market and it said someone had joined? Oh.. ok.. cool. Kept playing, the guy was like "Can I play? How do I join? Can I be Jahan?" however it didn't show anyone in the assign character screen or connected players screen. I was unable to type to him (bug with controller mode?) and he left. 2 minutes later, after we got Jahan and Madora, we noticed someone else trying to join. I went to speak to Thelyron, just doing that first bloodstone quest and that, came back to cyseal market place to notice someone had joined as Jahan and went on a killing rampage in the marketplace. R.I.P Cheese man.

TL:DR - It also works using split screen PS4 controllers, you can't see connected players and cannot assign characters to them. Please feel free to disregard what I say if someone finds a workaround.

Thanks for all the hard work in getting this working so fast. :)

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello guys, can someone upload some insuctrions on how to do it?

L
stranger
stranger
L
@Djerba The first post has instructions on how to get this working.

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by flame30
Good to know you're progressing !

Foodchain, can you please explain how you've done your modification for 4 player creating ?
Or maybe share the file with us ? ( I don't know if sharing map file is possible...)
It seems an interesting way anyway.

Okay, explaining in hopes it gives people some ideas.

Firstly, the editor for the first game will -somewhat- work with the enhanced edition. You will have to unpack all your EE files as it doesn't seem to be able to read any EE .pak contents. This isn't too surprising, because a new pak extractor was needed for EE, so I'm guessing the compression method for .paks has changed in EE. The "meta.isx" file produced by the ediitor which goes into the Divinity EE\Mods\Main\ is also incompatible with EE and makes it crash on launch. This file handles some basic things like version numbers, server slots, loading of data packs, and startup level. We can get around this incompatibility by using the Enhance Edition's meta.lsx and modifying it with a hex editor to run your mod. The big thing to mod in this file would be the startup level.

This means that it is possible to run mods made in the original editor on the new game, though there are obviously some quirks.

For simplicity's sake, let's download a 4 player character creation mod and apply it to DOS:EE. I used this one http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=561153

You'll want to unpack the mod using the extractor from the original game, and then drop it's contents (sans meta.lsx) into the Divnity EE/Mods/Main folder.. You then extract your EE Main.pak and browse to the Mods/Main/ folders of the EE Extracted Main.pak. Take the main.lsx file from there, and drop it into the /Mods/Main/ folder of your EE install. So at this point in your Divinity EE/Mods/Main folder you should have the extracted contents of the 4 player mod, and the main.lsx file from the vanilla enhanced edition. You will want to hex edit the main.lsx file and change two things. First, the player count must be set to 4. Second, you will want want to change the "StrarupLevelName" value to "CharacterCreationRedux".

Now your Divinity EE will be loading this mod on startup. You'll get an error warning you Main is corrupt and you won't be able to play multiplayer. Not fully true, this just means you won't be able to play multiplayer with unmodded copies. Since there's no mod button on the menu we're forced to load mods by overwriting the main mods files. More on this later.

Let's get back to the character creation for now. So the character creation mod I linked works like this: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526228#Post526228. To summarize, it loads the CharacterCreationRedux level. Once you complete the level, there's a script the mod's author built which checks to see if character creation is completed, then it spawns two more characters, and autosaves. In the original game this caused the game engine to prompt a 2nd character creation for those "unassigned" characters. Script handling this is below

Code
KB
	{
		IF
		CharacterCreationFinished(CHARACTER_NULL)
		AND
		CurrentLevel("CharacterCreationRedux")
		THEN
		CharacterTeleportPartyToTrigger(TRIGGER_CharacterCreationHook, "");
		TimerLaunch("First Character Creation Complete", 1000);

IF
		TimerFinished("First Character Creation Complete")
		AND
		CharacterAddToCharacterCreation(CHARACTER_Player3, 0, 1)
		AND
		CharacterAddToCharacterCreation(CHARACTER_Player4, 0, 1)
		THEN
		CharacterAddAbilityPoint(CHARACTER_Player3, 0);  //Need this to make the game reasess available stat/talent/ability points
		CharacterAddAbilityPoint(CHARACTER_Player4, 0);
		CharacterDetachFromGroup(CHARACTER_Player3); //Need this so when we teleport one player, we don't teleport the other
		CharacterDetachFromGroup(CHARACTER_Player1);
		CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Player1, TRIGGER_StartPoint_000, "");
		CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Player2, TRIGGER_StartPoint_001, "");
		CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Player3, TRIGGER_StartPoint_002, "");
		CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Player4, TRIGGER_StartPoint_003, "");
		AutoSave();  //We need this to trigger the Character Creation GUI

}
	EXIT

This doesn't seem to work in EE. My characters get ported to the 2nd level and the game autosaves, but it doesn't seem to trigger a 2nd round of character creation. So that's kind of where I'm stuck. If I mod the script to just push the characters to cyseal it'll port all 4 characters and start the game. Basically, it looks like the little hack for getting a 2nd round of character creations going is no longer working in EE, and I'm trying to figure out if there is any alternative.

To get back to my talk about mods in EE. The EE file structure seems to be very similar to the original game. In theory one could take the menu assets from the original game and apply them to EE to enable the mod button. I don't know if the game engine code actually has any logic for that, but it's another option to explore for potentially getting a mod button in EE.

Good luck, feel free to ask questions. I know this is kind of a lot and might not make sense without more context.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard