Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
You'll have to delete and re-extract the main.lsx file as well, or the game is going to give you an error about file corruption in the main campaign due to the MD5 in the main.lsx file not matching what the game expects.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Ok guys i have a problem...

I can't find the Hex you say on the .exe because i have the version v2.0.98.842 ... So the message ''Every player need to control a main character'' appears .

Can anyone help me with the hex i need to look for? Please...

Last edited by Shincry; 05/11/15 05:33 PM.
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Shincry
Ok guys i have a problem...

I can't find the Hex you say on the .exe because i have the version v2.0.98.842 ... So the message ''Every player need to control a main character'' appears .

Can anyone help me with the hex i need to look for? Please...

I don't have the .exe nor do I have any way of getting it. I have it purchased through Steam and it will only download the latest version.

I suggest updating your game. There are no downsides. Steam will download the latest version if you launch the game through Steam. GOG should have the updates posted in the "My Account" section right next to the link for downloading the game.

Last edited by Foodchain; 05/11/15 05:53 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
[quote=Foodchain]

I don't have the .exe nor do I have any way of getting it. I have it purchased through Steam and it will only download the latest version.

I suggest updating your game. There are no downsides. Steam will download the latest version if you launch the game through Steam. GOG should have the updates posted in the "My Account" section right next to the link for downloading the game. [/quote]

Well...I would but you see...I dont own the game in a ''legal'' way ... <_<

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Norbyte
Signature for v2.0.99.676:
48 89 6C 24 28 FF 15 CD F4 50 00 40 0F B6 C7 48 8B 4C 24 60 48 33 CC E8 24 2D 91

Replace "40 0F B6 C7" with "31 C0 F7 D0".

Dude you Rock!

Had a brief panic attack when I couldn't find the old hex string. You are on point, duder. Working smooth once again.

apprentice
apprentice
Great work guys please keep it up. I just wish Larian would support native 4 player already sheesh. IMHO no real reason in the main campaign restricting it to only 2 players.

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Shincry
Originally Posted by Foodchain

I suggest updating your game. There are no downsides. Steam will download the latest version if you launch the game through Steam. GOG should have the updates posted in the "My Account" section right next to the link for downloading the game.

Well...I would but you see...I dont own the game in a ''legal'' way ... <_<

You should buy the game. One of the advantages of genuine software are the updates. Plus I'm all for supporting a developer that releases a fully voiced acted enhanced edition at no extra cost to owners.

Originally Posted by bigironvault
Great work guys please keep it up. I just wish Larian would support native 4 player already sheesh. IMHO no real reason in the main campaign restricting it to only 2 players.

Letting 4 players join a server is one thing, having all 4 players engaged in the story is another. Just reviewing the story of the game makes it clear how much rewriting and reworking you would have to do to have 4 players getting an equal experience with none feeling like they're a shadow of a main character. There's also issues with split screen only supporting 2 players. The player banter/disagreement system also only supports 2 people. They have a pretty good reason for not supporting 4 players. The campaign just wasn't built with 4 source hunters in mind.

Larian clearly acknowledged the demand for 4 player co-op as demonstrated by the sequel having 4 player support.

-

Also, I'm going to rework the OP sometime tonight The thread is a little messy and hard to follow so I plan to fix that. I'll post a guide on Steamcommunity at some point as well, but I'll be using this thread for any updates or discussion.

Last edited by Foodchain; 05/11/15 09:07 PM.
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
I can't actually edit the original post anymore due to forum settings. As such I've posted a comprehensive guide on the Steam Community.

I'll continue using this thread for any updates, support, or general idea discussion.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Zeebot
Originally Posted by Norbyte
Signature for v2.0.99.676:
48 89 6C 24 28 FF 15 CD F4 50 00 40 0F B6 C7 48 8B 4C 24 60 48 33 CC E8 24 2D 91

Replace "40 0F B6 C7" with "31 C0 F7 D0".

Dude you Rock!

Had a brief panic attack when I couldn't find the old hex string. You are on point, duder. Working smooth once again.

ditto, thanks norbyte

N
stranger
stranger
N
ty for all you done so far

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
New patch up on steam. Version v2.0.100.40

This should be the hex value to edit for disabling the main character check
Search for: 30 8B 81 64 03 00 00 48 3B D0 40 0F 93 C7 48 8B CB 48
Replace "40 0F 93 C7" with "31 C0 F7 D0".

Last edited by Foodchain; 10/11/15 08:36 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi guys thanks for the fixes.
I'm using the version 2.0.100.40, when I replace "40 0F 93 C7" with "31 C0 F7 D0" the application crashes with error code 0xc0000142 on windows 7.

Can you please confirm this works ?

It worked for me in the previous version...

Last edited by Atoboldom; 21/11/15 11:57 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Yeah, it should work.
The pattern "40 0F 93 C7" can be found multiple times (!) in the file. Make sure that you only replace the one that matches the "30 8B 81 64 03 00 00 48 3B D0 40 0F 93 C7 48 8B CB 48" pattern exactly, otherwise you'll be overwriting unrelated code/data that may cause the game to crash.
Also make sure that you're replacing those bytes, not adding new ones (in some hex editors the default behavior is "overwrite", while others append new bytes and you have to explicitly delete the old ones).

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Guide on steam community updated with the hex string for the new patch.

Version v2.0.103.346
Search for: 9C 03 00 00 48 3B D0 40 0F 93 C7 48 8B CB 48 89 6C 24

I also had a PM from Raze dated about a month ago to let me know I now had permissions to edit the original post of this thread. I missed that PM earlier, but I'm going to update the post with the guide sometime later today.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Foodchain; 10/12/15 10:15 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Hello, on start i would like to say sorry for my english :) i have kind of a problem with just editing eocapp.exe
Well i have GoG version i tested your solution and well it dont work on my relaese and i already know it like u do too propobly after others people already writed here or in steam community guide. I was searching i think everywhere for an solution and i would like to ask if mayby anyone already find it? I would like to really like to play normaly with 3-4 people. I find out temp. solution but its well "unconfortable" (Host turn on game twice and at first game he get stucked in an error "every player need main character..." and he just control no characters and at second game turned on he actualy playing his character with others controling rest) So as u can see i would really be thankfull for an solution for GoG version , i could even upload .exe file or just edit it on my pc even better for me or just an part of hex if needed. The error - "application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142" after replace in hex.

Best Regards

Tired player

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Tro1L
Hello, on start i would like to say sorry for my english smile i have kind of a problem with just editing eocapp.exe
Well i have GoG version i tested your solution and well it dont work on my relaese and i already know it like u do too propobly after others people already writed here or in steam community guide. I was searching i think everywhere for an solution and i would like to ask if mayby anyone already find it? I would like to really like to play normaly with 3-4 people. I find out temp. solution but its well "unconfortable" (Host turn on game twice and at first game he get stucked in an error "every player need main character..." and he just control no characters and at second game turned on he actualy playing his character with others controling rest) So as u can see i would really be thankfull for an solution for GoG version , i could even upload .exe file or just edit it on my pc even better for me or just an part of hex if needed. The error - "application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142" after replace in hex.

Best Regards

Tired player

I don't have the GOG version so I don't know if the exe is somehow different. We can verify by checking an MD5 hash for an exe. Download something like http://www.winmd5.com/ and check the MD5 of the GOG version of EoCapp.exe

The latest one on Steam returns this hash: 251d065887f36b40b8fac21b9ec81d34

If the GOG one returns a different hash it means the exe files are different and therefore the memory locations posted would be different as well.

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
New version 2.0.103.737 has been pushed to Steam. I'll look for the hex strings when I finish work in a few hours. If you had your game modded this latest patch will prevent the main module from loading correctly. If you're seeing a menu with a background picture of two source hunters and some greyed out menu buttons you need to delete the "Mods" folder you created inside your Divinity folder.

This version of Divinity appears to have native mod support (though the editor has not yet been pushed live for what I can tell).

Anyway, I just wanted to post this in hopes of reducing some of the inevitable "my buttons are greyed out I can't play after this patch" posts.

F
stranger
stranger
F
@Foodchain any update on the fix?

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
It's actually the same as the previous patch.

Version v2.0.104.737
Search for: 9C 03 00 00 48 3B D0 40 0F 93 C7 48 8B CB 48 89 6C 24

You'll still have to redo the edits as the patch undid them.

Last edited by Foodchain; 24/12/15 07:21 PM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
Couple of questions:

Every time the game updates, and you need to re-edit files etc, are your saved games functioning still post-update?

I really appreciate the work you're doing here, as I'm sure a lot of other people do: hope the devs get those tools to you ASAP so we can get the user friendly version :D

I'm presently discussing getting another playthrough going with friends, but progress on the mod tools release is slowing it down :P

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard