Originally Posted by Zackbleus
Originally Posted by Foodchain

The optimal way of achieving 4 player character creation would be done by creating a character creation menu that supports 4 people. Of course, that's difficult at well. Larian only includes the .swf files with the game. These files only play the content and don't lend themselves to any modification. Wtihout the source .fla files it's hard to understand how exactly how the menus work. The mod's author asked a Larian guy about the source .fla files for the menu and got this response. Seems like it's a "no" on ever sharing the source of their menu files. It would be nice if Larian gave some documentation on what scripting a flash file needs to use to interface with rest of the game.

Have you tried using a Flash decompiler? That should give you the script references.

Yeah I did. Decompilers spit out pretty messy results. Someone who has a lot of Flash experience could probably make sense of it. The last time I used Flash for any development was over 10 years ago. I don't actually have a license for a modern Flash editor either. So I kind of glanced over the decompiled scripts used in the flash file before deciding that I didn't understand what was actually happening to make it at all work.

Typically when I glance at code or script I can get a decent idea of the of what the program is doing even if I'm unfamiliar with the language. That wasn't the case with the decompiled flash file.