Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I know I need it at 1 point, but does the skill stay relevant through the rest of the game?

veteran
veteran
If you want to craft weapons with Tenebrium, you need it at 3. If you see a weapon which is really great but has a requirement of Tenebrium 2+, then you may want to invest in it.

C
CK1 Offline
apprentice
apprentice
C
I didn't see any tenebrium 2 weapons until around level 16-17 or around the hunter edge time of the game. It was a bow that would have been somewhat better. 200 phys, 40 elemental, 40 tenebrium. Higher than my crafted bow of 220 physical.

The majority of Tenebrium weapons I'm seeing are crossbows, which I'm assuming don't benefit from the crossbow skill, therefore making them pointless because they have no crit chance and take more AP than normal bows to use.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of enemies with 100%+ Tenebrium Resistance, and I'd rather not have a weapon that can't deal damage to certain enemies at all.

I find that having Crafting at level 5 and just adding Tenebrium damage to existing weapons benefits me more.

veteran
veteran
I think your info is half-a-year out of date, Charity Diary. All weapons benefit from their associated weapon skills. Tenebrium just lets you use those which have Tenebrium in them. Tenebrium weapons also do mostly normal damage with Tenebrium added on as extra.

Originally Posted by Stabbey
I think your info is half-a-year out of date, Charity Diary. All weapons benefit from their associated weapon skills. Tenebrium just lets you use those which have Tenebrium in them. Tenebrium weapons also do mostly normal damage with Tenebrium added on as extra.

Ah okay, I must have been thinking of the Wands that only do Tenebrium.

And sorry, it's difficult to get reliable info when the majority of online info about this game is from June 2014. Hardly anyone talks about it anymore. But it totally makes sense that the Tenebrium skill simply allows you to wield certain weapons, while the weapon skills themselves still increase your effectiveness with those particular weapons.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by CK1
I didn't see any tenebrium 2 weapons until around level 16-17 or around the hunter edge time of the game. It was a bow that would have been somewhat better. 200 phys, 40 elemental, 40 tenebrium. Higher than my crafted bow of 220 physical.

For what it's worth, my ranger is at level 16 and I've just crafted a bow for him with a maximum of 234 physical damage and an addition 70 tenebrium damage (along with a +2 speed gain). I haven't yet come across a bow that does more, so I'm still assuming that crafting is generally your best option, damage-wise.

To use it, a single point in tenebrium is sufficient. However, as Stabbey said, you do need 3 points tenebrium to craft it.

Last edited by Andrathion; 19/11/15 05:34 PM.
S
S
Of course, since you can only have a Tenebrium upgrade OR an elemental one, and they both do the same damage, you could really do without the tenebrium skill entirely. No reason not to stick it on your crafting bitch if you have one though.

Is there any reason AT ALL to have 5 tenebrium though? I've never seen a weapon with the requirement. If it buffs the crafting damage than it also buffs the elemental crafting damage, since they are always exactly the same for me.

C
C
I think there's no point going above 3 (gear included), which means there's no point investing in it, unless you want to equip tenebrium weapons (which I find meh).

Same reasoning applies to armor specialization, because crafted armor never requires it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard