Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Abraxas*
It's separated (s. page 3 of this thread).

The GOG version isn't even a separate install, it's a regular patch. So maybe the steam version will just be a patch?

A
addict
addict
A
You mean you have the EE Editor now instead of both the old and the new one?

Just for interest: Did you try to use your level-files with the new editor already?

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
enthusiast
enthusiast
You mean you have the EE Editor now instead of both the old and the new one?

goblin tired, may have misunderstood.

For GOG it was a patch executable (or was it a batch? Am tired..) with the typical numeric sequence, ie had i not known, i wouldn't have expected it to have the editor; after i run it, a subfolder named "The Divinity Engine Enhanced Edition" was automatically created within my D:OS directory; i assume it read my registry keys, as i have a non-default location.

Inside that folder it saw muuuuuuch magikz!!! But too stoopid to understand.. silly

edit: i guess @Larian decided to forgo making even a simple announcement?
(unless i'm missing something anyway. Why...)

Last edited by Aenra; 23/03/16 11:11 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
old hand
old hand
Well, I assume they'll announce when it actually gets released on Steam where 90% of Windows owners own D:OS. Still not showing up for me. I can wait a few more days after waiting six months, but still feels kind of anticlimactic.

Support
Support

There will be an official announcement when it is released on Steam.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Alright..won't ask again, lol, i promise smile

Pride, honour and purity
A
addict
addict
A
Alright..won't ask again, lol, i promise smile

Sounds like a question to me wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
rhetoric dear, just rhetoric.. if all else fails (try Wales) i can always plead for cultural differences, lol

Pride, honour and purity
A
addict
addict
A
Cultural differences... Hmmm, so not everyone has to be like Abraxas?

Edit: But this interludium is a bit off-topic. Let's get back to asking and start complaining about steam. Usual business smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it would appear that the editor is now available in the Steam client (Library>Tools>The Divinity Engine Enhanced Edition).

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Airos
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it would appear that the editor is now available in the Steam client (Library>Tools>The Divinity Engine Enhanced Edition).

Don't have it yet here.

P
stranger
stranger
P

I have that too but not sure what to make of it, also shouldnt that prompt the steam workshop to appear for EE?

Last edited by Vometia; 25/03/16 05:12 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
I have that too but not sure what to make of it, also shouldnt that prompt the steam workshop to appear for EE?

I would like to be in that situation, too. But it doesn't appear under tools for me; there's still just the old editor.

Can't you right-click on it and install/play?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Pavaman

The workshop tab has been available since last week. Nothing is there of course.

P
stranger
stranger
P
My bad, missed it on the library/store page but I see now it is on the community page smile

old hand
old hand
So uh... yeah, still no editor for steam? I'm not seeing anything. Uploaded a tuesday, still nothing friday, so we'll have to wait till monday? I assume this is steam's issue, but not sure what's happening and why some people seem to see the new editor and others don't.

Support
Support

It should be available some time next week.

A
stranger
stranger
A

I would like to be in that situation, too. But it doesn't appear under tools for me; there's still just the old editor.

Can't you right-click on it and install/play?

Yep. I was able to download, install and launch it. It asked where the game data was located, I figured I didn't want to mess around with anything until the official launch, so I closed it.

A
addict
addict
A
Yep. I was able to download, install and launch it. It asked where the game data was located, I figured I didn't want to mess around with anything until the official launch, so I closed it.

So you had higher values in lucky charm (I never max it out); and quite much willpower it seems. wink

Raze gave some more information on Steam Forum:

It won't officially be out until next week sometime. Steam enabled it early (for some people), due to a miss-communication.

Still not clear why it was/is delayed (for Steam or for the official launch) but, well, it will be out next week.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard