My favorite thing on RPGs its smart dialogue, I really love when charisma, intimidation and intelligence checks matter, on fallout 3 I remember facing a robot on a museum, and I could use charisma to perform as a president, tricking him to avoid combat and get the declaration of independence easily, I could also use a robotics check or an intelligence check to solve the problem without the combat...

I also remember being able to convince the Enclave president to auto-destruct his whole organization, via intelligence checks, proving him that he was not suitable for a global leader...

This might seem to have nothing to do with D:OS, but this dialogue with this robot, the whole independence trivia involving this quest, this multiple checks options, and all of them so smartly written (and other situations like that) its what made me love fallout because this was one thing I most loved on PnP Rpg (vampire the masquerade), being able to argument, influenciate, deceive, and seduce...

But on D:OS charisma gameplay its lame tbh, the rps mini-game its just very very bad for single player gaming... I could understand it would add some cool interactions on coop tho... I know that I can disable the AI of my characters and pick the results, but that's NOT the point, I want them to disagree but not solve things via RPS in the end...

I love this game for a lot of reasons, the combat it's especially perfect, but the way it handled the charisma checks and alternative ways of talk your way out of stuff its really really bad... so bad it made "charisma players" like me who love dialogues chose to just kill everyone...

Why can't the guardians romance? Or why can't we at least have a reason to why they shouldn't? Because the way it is its just very strange that they are eternally bound to each other and they don't fall into a very intense love/hate relationship as I figure it would normally happen if you happen to come to life over and over with the same person as a partner in combat...

And why Madora and Jahan are so damn cliche? Jahan its just painfully bad... maybe if he was an Orc instead he would be a very interesting character, how could an Orc become a power-hungry demon-obsessed Elementalist? Now that's an interesting story...

I know this is not the game focus, we have Bioware for that, but its something that I missed on the game and does not demands additional programming, so I think I should speak it (?), maybe lots of people agree with me...

Now, i'm gonna make an exception for Charla, she is perfect... the fact she is an overly happy skeleton who sells stuff and greets you in such an adorable way its so paradoxical and yet so natural that instantly made her the most interesting character of d:os to me...

well... pls make d:os 2 with charisma being worth our precious XP... and if you guys voice vendors bring Charla back.

Bye o/

Last edited by Velvet Vendetta; 13/07/16 06:32 PM.