Originally Posted by Abraxas*
You probably 'simulate' crafting with ItemTemplateAddToCharacter() and play some animation where necessary.

Yes. And the magic bag that was introduced in EE allows to automatically transfer ingredients the crafting character does not have in inventory. Don't you like the pop-up window or the function itself?
Most crafting will be done in dialog, so there will play one of the available dialog animations. But external crafting sends information to the character script and the character will move to a barrel, well, oven or anvil, if in range, and play some crafting animations, so that can be elaborated a bit more.

It's the popup I hate with passion.
For keys or quest items I fully accept and welcome it but for all other stuff I dislike it like nothing else ... because of the annoying popup.
Could still test if using '2' for 'ReportAndMove' instead of '1' worked and was silent, but if that worked, I would probably only use that for keys, if I found the code.
... At least I still have not disabled auto-moving for the blood stone cage ;-)

Your changes and additions seem very useful and interesting! Especially blacksmithing needs more care and the crafting recipes definitely have to be overhauled. There are things like WPN_Arrow_SlowDown_A (Crafting 1) but WPN_ArrowHead_SlowDown_A (Crafting 2). And Molotov would need a higher requirement, in my opinion. It's just too powerful. Do you consider introducing new requirements like loremaster for some recipes (sadly no multiple requirements possible)?

I only touch crafting at all to give my newly introduced crafting tool a meaning. My main intention to introduce them at all was to 'detach' general and crafting tools, preventing them from accidental selling or destruction in crafting. (convenience again!)
Well, the wrong scroll recipes for Avatar of Fire and Avatar of Frost, the missing scrolls Netherswap, Decaying Touch and Summon Poison Slug and the introduction of 'real' Ranger, Rogue and Warrior scrolls are another reason, they all need recipes. (I never liked creating Man-at-Arms scrolls from fire scrolls.)

I might introduce stuff like 'scratch off the spell from a scroll' to create an empty one. That is convenience again, save scumming to get desired results already exists anyway and maybe scrolls will also find more use if they are easier to craft.
(I myself have become allergic to everything I consider inconvenience or a 'timesink' since I played MMOs hehe

SniperHF has pretty portable bed-rolls in his standalone module ANC and it's also on my list. It seems, a must have for D:OS!

Awesome, did not know that.
But that is already done, I will not remove it again.

(Tried to use an in-inventory item at first but ended up 'sleeping in my own inventory' so I switched to a skill ;-)

I hope you know how 'dangerous' ItemHandleRemove() is, already stumbled into that 'trap' myself ;-)

I don't need it for crafting, I think. But I will take care when I continue work on the transfer script.

What other way do you have to prevent a 'never exhaustable inventory' ?
Don't ingredients have to disappear when used in crafting ?
(not facilities of course like ovens or anvils ;-)

I will have a look into the torch script until tomorrow and try to answer your questions. Currently a headache is marching in and, haha, needs some zombie love. wink