Speed was useful for all chars in D:OS1.

I think you are right. Since they had the biggest amount of skills mages take the biggest hit from the memory stat. They still have the advantage of utility (you fill your slots with fire spells in an ice area and vice versa. fighters/thievs/archers used the same skills all the time)

After some thinking, I think that wits is now very importent for every char because of initiative. When speed is gone this is the only way to increase it. To CC or even kill enemies before they can act makes things much easier. In D:OS1 your team almost always acted before the enemy because speed was useful for every char.

perception and constitution were not very useful in D:OS1. I had only 1 char with higher per to find traps and secrets. Higher crit chance was often useless because only normal attacks could crit but you used skills all the time.
Since you could CC most enemies most of the time you took very little damage. I increased con only when my AP from spped got close to max AP.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi: