Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Originally Posted by Dexord
so even if you create a PC with the generic background you still don't really miss the content if you use the pre-generated characters in dialogs?

I'm not convinced this is actually a deliberate choice. It seems a bit awkward for players to be able to simply switch characters every time a dialogue doesn't go so well. My expectation is that they've left this "multiplayer" mechanic in because they haven't built the single player equivalent.

At this stage, once companions join your party, they are essentially just additional player characters. This severely limits the kinds of inter-party interactions you can have.

I understand that there is a desire from many fans for the companions to be more Bioware-like, and this would be the ideal opportunity for Larian to implement their "love and hate" system. (How many other people will there be to develop relationships with?)

It would be awkward to have a Bioware-style companion where you can choose what they will say at any given moment. I expect they will lock down your control of companions once the love and hate system is rolled out.

Sorry for the Necro of this thread - It's been a few months, and wanted to see what everyone thinks of the tags system so far.

I've played through the EA area several times on both "Generic" and Origin characters, and the only really meaningful change is the story quests specifically tied to your character. You can still create a background for your character, and follow that background - You just don't get some of the competitive questing options - it doesn't seem as "Crappy" as everyone was making out to be.

Also, In regards to romance, I've played through several times on Ifan Ben-Mezd, and there seems to already be roots of romance growing, as the statue of the "Gods" talk about the way he feels about Lohse and the way he Looks at her.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Twiztedterry

Sorry for the Necro of this thread - It's been a few months, and wanted to see what everyone thinks of the tags system so far.

I've played through the EA area several times on both "Generic" and Origin characters, and the only really meaningful change is the story quests specifically tied to your character. You can still create a background for your character, and follow that background - You just don't get some of the competitive questing options - it doesn't seem as "Crappy" as everyone was making out to be.

Also, In regards to romance, I've played through several times on Ifan Ben-Mezd, and there seems to already be roots of romance growing, as the statue of the "Gods" talk about the way he feels about Lohse and the way he Looks at her.

I've played with custom characters a bit, as well, and the majority of it seems rather good, honestly. It'll probably be even better, as well, when you can earn and lose certain tags based on the way you act in-game. The only thing is, on most non-origin characters, I haven't gotten to the Statue, so wonder if there's, say, really unique stuff based on your tags if you're a lizard other than The Red Prince doing that bit / getting Bless.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by TraceChaos
I haven't gotten to the Statue, so wonder if there's, say, really unique stuff based on your tags if you're a lizard other than The Red Prince doing that bit / getting Bless.
Each origin character has their own mini quests with associated XP. You don't get these by picking the same racial and tags. There are also conversation options (some useful) only available to origin character and not tag based.

Originally Posted by Twiztedterry
Can't say I blame him.

Last edited by lx07; 09/02/17 08:35 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by lx07
I haven't gotten to the Statue, so wonder if there's, say, really unique stuff based on your tags if you're a lizard other than The Red Prince doing that bit / getting Bless.
Each origin character has their own mini quests with associated XP. You don't get these by picking the same racial and tags. There are also conversation options (some useful) only available to origin character and not tag based.

I mostly meant, you know, how the interaction goes WHEN YOU GET BLESS.

apprentice
apprentice

It'll probably be even better, as well, when you can earn and lose certain tags based on the way you act in-game.

Has this been confirmed as a feature for release?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard