Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Sorry, he's a big bad...we good? I think of the three Lieutenants he's the most important, I'd go so far as to say he's the main boss of Act I, like Bodhi.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Yeah, we’re good. Why wouldn’t we be?

I’ll bet he is the least important of the lieutenants and the first to die. Not based on anything in particular. Just a hunch.

Last edited by Warlocke; 24/02/23 06:33 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I’ll bet he is the least important of the lieutenants and the first to die. Not based on anything in particular. Just a hunch.

If he’s the General, then it does sound as though we’ll at least meet him first, at Moonrise Towers. I’m forgetting the details we’re given, but iirc it would make sense he’s there given I think Halsin says the shadow curse around it was linked to the battle against him by druids and Harpers back in the day (was that around 100 years previously?). I’m guessing defeating him will also cure the shadow curse. But even if he’s BG3’s Mulahey, I’m not sure that’ll make him the least important, perhaps just the first met amongst equals!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowram
It is an illithid power, it has the same animation playing with all the tentacles.
Hmmm ...
I gues it makes sense ... after all, in curent state Druid power would become weaker with leveling.

I wonder if Larian will somehow adress uselessness of Ranger power for Range-focused characters.

Originally Posted by Silver/
I have a suspicion 50% of players would kill him just for that armour
Oh if only NPCs would drop what they have equipped ...
Rather than having their armor unseparatable part of their model and drop just some generic shits. frown

That would be dream come true.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
addict
addict
F
I agree, he'll probably be the first of the 3 we meet. I mean, one of them has to be.

He is a general, so maybe if we can't take him out in Act 1, we see him again with his army in Act 3? Larian has built a lot of redundancy into the story, so perhaps he could be defeated earlier without derailing later event.

Actually, with the possible Kagha redemption outcome, I wouldn't be surprised if a social-build Tav, like a bard, could 'defeat' him without resorting to combat. Double points if they're a drum player. ;-)

veteran
veteran
I don't know, if we go down to the temple they're excavating first, we'll meet Z'rell first. And Nere says the General is the most favored of the Absolute.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Warlocke

If he’s the General, then it does sound as though we’ll at least meet him first, at Moonrise Towers. I’m forgetting the details we’re given, but iirc it would make sense he’s there given I think Halsin says the shadow curse around it was linked to the battle against him by druids and Harpers back in the day (was that around 100 years previously?). I’m guessing defeating him will also cure the shadow curse. But even if he’s BG3’s Mulahey, I’m not sure that’ll make him the least important, perhaps just the first met amongst equals!

Well, not necessarily the least important in ranking among the three lieutenants, but the least important to the narrative and we will be meeting and presumably killing him first.

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We need to talk about this crazy armor.

I think I would cast heat metal on that shit. It' probably really difficult to take off.

I also considered Animate Object and have it bite his head off, but it specifies no objects 'worn or carried'. Pity, that would be funny.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 24/02/23 03:14 PM.

Blackheifer
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sozz
Originally Posted by Ikke
rusty, dented and practical.
Not sure these work together.

On the contrary. Practical armour (armour without excessive weight, armour on which blows glance off) shows that it is intended for use in combat. Armour that is dented and rusty shows that it has actually been used in combat. It shows the person wearing means business -- that business being something else than advertising designer espresso machines.

Last edited by Ikke; 24/02/23 03:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
I think you're looking for a different archetype than what Thorm is. You want a hard bitten campaigner and what we're getting is a fallen paladin. That means ornamentation.
If Ketheric had rusty and dented armor it would only tell me that he didn't take care of it, or couldn't. If they played up the revenant angle, which is what I thought you might be getting at, then rust and disrepair would be another matter. But still it would mean magic was involved, because it's not practical.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Day 2 and he's already not beating the knight in shining armor allegations

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Silver/
Day 2 and he's already not beating the knight in shining armor allegations

Look at that clean padding underneath, not torn or stained - nary a string astray - AND with gold inlaid motifs. That right there is a Knight in shining armor.

So is Kethric a Paladin or a Cleric then? Is he a Drow? Would that make him a rebel Drow Paladin of Vengeance Necromancer aligned with Shar? Or a Death Cleric Necromancer of Shar?

Also what's with his cone of AOE Inflict Wounds?

Last edited by Blackheifer; 24/02/23 05:43 PM.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
He's an ex-paladin of Selune, turned Dark Justiciar. Who's been cursed or resurrected by Shar or the Absolute. I was wondering if that collar is supposed to look like a tadpole's maw.
If his class is custom or tadpole based, like our psionic powers, Larian could go anywhere with it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Do we?

I mean, its certainly not the first "weird" armor in the game. laugh

E
addict
addict
E

I think I would cast heat metal on that shit. It' probably really difficult to take off.

I also considered Animate Object and have it bite his head off, but it specifies no objects 'worn or carried'. Pity, that would be funny.

This is perhaps a prime example of my issue with Larian's art direction; everything OTT and unnecessarily busy. Turn your head left or right and impale your neck on those ridiculous metal teeth/claws on the gorget.

Is there going to be a basic leather or plate armour set in the game or must everything be like a Christmas tree?

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Etruscan

This is perhaps a prime example of my issue with Larian's art direction; everything OTT and unnecessarily busy. Turn your head left or right and impale your neck on those ridiculous metal teeth/claws on the gorget.

Is there going to be a basic leather or plate armour set in the game or must everything be like a Christmas tree?
Here are some datamined +2 armors if you are curious, they look tame to me.

https://twitter.com/chubblot/status/1608753445451993088?s=20

E
addict
addict
E
Here are some datamined +2 armors if you are curious, they look tame to me.

https://twitter.com/chubblot/status/1608753445451993088?s=20[/quote]

Thanks for that link. Those are actually pretty decent looking and I can certainly envisage creating a character who would wear those.

I’d still like to see some plainer options just to add variety should you wish to RP a character who eschews fancier garb, perhaps like a Ranger or Rogue for example.

veteran
veteran
they look tame to me.
Was that supposed to be same?
If so, thats bcs it is ... Chubblot is kinda known for creating recollors of armors. wink

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 25/02/23 01:06 PM.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
they look tame to me.
Was that supposed to be same?
If so, thats bcs it is ... Chubblot is kinda known for creating recollors of armors. wink
I think so? He said "A Leather+2 model" so it would imply those a recolor of the same model.

veteran
veteran
I was kinda hoping to be able to play DURING August, rather than after it.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard