Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snjits
regarding journal you can choose to archive (completed or not) them yourself
which I like since, considering you can kill anyone you want, could result in blocked quests hogging the quest log

How do you do that? I tried everything but I couldn't manage to archive anything in the journal. Maybe a bug.

WOOS
K
stranger
stranger
K
Interesting that there was argument about the viability movement range indication based on being gridless, since what you're suggesting is the extention of a system they already added - that skills now show highlight your range on the ground. A version of that for movement makes perfect sense. Maybe a toggle on that since it would essentiall be on during your whole turn when you're not aiming a skill. On that note, I love the range highlights we get now. It was so frustrating, I only now realize how much, to waggle your cursor around trying to figure out what the limits of your line of sight was for Battering Ram and range skills. Now we're told. Though... What are the green +'s on the edge?

However, AoEs don't seem to hold true to the edges of their targeting. A few times I've highlighted a couple enemies with an AoE, carefully aiming it so my ally wasn't highlighted as being in range... And they still get hit. On which note, skills probably shouldn't say they hit "all *enemies* in an area, as that implies it doesn't do friendly fire.

In a similar vein, there are times - and I've noticed this in DOS1 - when you're in Oppertunity Attack range, and you're trying to circle the opponent or just move a little bit. You carefully move your mouse around, finding a spot that doesn't show the OA warning icon - and they get one anyway! This really needs to be accurate, I feel quite betrayed by the UI when this happens.

Furthermore, the fact that there is no record of an Elf's corpse memory - even in the world chatlog - is awkward. Unless I just don't have something toggled on. Still, it'd be nice to have it recorded somewhere? I had a play partner not even realize the ability worked and had to tell them what was said because they weren't making sure to look at their character's head - or more their inventory screen was in the way. Because, you know, they were eating something.

Speaking of inventory, I like that you can see your party's inventory on one screen. That said, I kepy getting messed up because I kept assuming that my stuff was at the top. *Your own stuff should always be at the top*.

Originally Posted by Stabbey
This game doesn't have tile-based movement. There's already a visual indicator on how far you can move and how many AP it will cost. I don't understand what you think is missing.

It might still be possible as it is based on x AP per y meters travelled in combat.

S
smokey Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
S
Just getting back to this and reading the comments. Seems most people are in agreement over the visual thing for movement (even if it's toggle on/off) - in other words, the spell visual for 'how far can I cast' is a vast improvement over the guessing game that D:OS1 forced on people. The same thing for movement would be a brilliant addition (IMO) - and since they already have the spell range covered in this vein, it shouldn't be hard to extend it to movement too.

I read the other winning/losing elements about the UI (lordcash) and agree with all.

The sort thing was on the first game, and basically essential, so I assume it'll be on this game too at some stage.

The journal and map are weak, very weak.

Some random points:

Map:

* Should be able to open it open and click on the area I want to go to, and have the characters automatically go there (closing the map and figuring out where the same location is via the standard overview is frustrating to say the least)
* Should most definitely have more markers - quests I've undertaken and completed to x%, but abandoned - the main areas I discovered, and main characters involved, should be marked on the map

Journel:

* Better than D:OS1, but still needs some love
* Frankly, I think the witcher 3 did a great job of taking care of this essential feature in rpgs, and the completed versus ongoing quests really kept things organised - currently, they're all just lumped together...

Good discussion so far anyway. Enjoyed reading the comments.

K
stranger
stranger
K
[quote=smokey]Should be able to open it open and click on the area I want to go to, and have the characters automatically go there (closing the map and figuring out where the same location is via the standard overview is frustrating to say the least)[/quote]

Upvoted.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard