Originally Posted by Sordak
[quote=Beyond]Regardless of armour, I do agree about the poses.
Choose female warrior and flip through the poses, and it's pretty clear they're almost entirely that classic arch-back-pop-butt.
I do think it's not as bad as a lot of other games, but I think Larian can do a bit more to improve this.

Personally I think the elves are fine, both males and females seem to not be aware of clothes, nothing sexist about it. Lizards are just all weird, some "sexy" and some not.

Honestly the only ones I saw an issue with were the human female poses. ##

1. Whats wrong with these poses. Ive yet to found an explanation for it.
What is wrong with sex appeal in an RPG? especialy when it its only the pose in character creation read: where your character is posing. there is no context to it.

Which is exactly what's wrong, IMO. I prefer seeing characters in heroic poses, or poses relevant to their profession, not sticking their butt out for no reason.

I honestly try to stop discussing this because clearly it's getting nowhere.
I'll leave some counter arguments though, as it's pretty fun treading water!

- "It's always been like this, who are you to change it" is the stupidest argument ever. Humans have always not-used computers, who are we to change that? Until a recent point, white people have always had slaves, who are we to change that? Women weren't allowed to vote, who are we to change that? Should I continue?... Equality struggle is constant, it's been happening since forever and it will probably keep going on for a very long time.

- "It's fantasy, they can do whatever they like" while true, it doesn't change this argument at all. Yeah they can do whatever they want (just as in MGS Snake is naked because "she uses the sun to whatever"), but it doesn't mean it's not an issue. It's a fantasy world which REAL ACTUALLY NON-FANTASY HUMAN BEINGS play in. The fact that it's fantasy doesn't mean it doesn't have real-life implications.

- My wife, who's a big DOS1 fan, cringed at those poses. He reaction was something like "really they put so much effort into this and that and all the female humans just stick their butt out?". and yeah, it's glaringly obvious.

- "It's their artistic vision" is complete BS. I'm 100% positive there's no "artistic vision guideline" at Larian stating that human females should alwyas stick their butt out in this world. It's probably a guy doing the poses, looking at references from Comics or Superheros or other games or what have you, and posing that. So calling them out is GOOD, just as they were called out on DOS1 female armour which they changed.

- There's nothing prude about this. It's great to have sexy women and men. Nudity is awesome. Suggesting that is simply an argument you're trying to find because you either don't understand the arguments, try to invalidate the person making them, or just being a troll.

Phew.