Originally Posted by Vulpes Absurda
Is this really the first thing you want people to see in the game?

-I dont know? Is there a problem with this character?

I have to be honest, I was really excited for this game, but having this be the default state of dress for an entire race of women has murdered my enthusiasm. And I’m not the only one who was disappointed by this rather blatant sexism.

-Thats your problem and the echo-chamber you're surrounded with.
I already know what you are going to say but ill ask anyway:
-What is this blatant sexism you are talking about?
-Who is not the only one? Do you mean the echo-chamber you're in?
-Anecdotes are not evidence.
-Just because in your opinion this is blatant sexism, it doesnt make this blatant sexism.(more on that below)

You can say all you want about how the men are dressed the same for the elves, but it’s not equivalent in any way. Women are constantly sexualized or reduced to their anatomy. You can’t hand wave it away by saying it’s their elven culture. A writer had to create that culture and that writer does not exist in a vacuum.

-Now the first line, that is blatant sexism.
If i would change "men" with "women" you would be outraged by the very same sentence you write down here.
That is you literally not giving a shit about how men are portrayed in games. But instead want to make large exceptions of how women are portrayed.
-Women are constantly...reduced to their anatomy..
Are they really? Or is that just your ideolog mind speaking?
The exact same thing can be said about men in games.
But its been already established that you dont give a shit about that.
-The fact of the matter is that nearly everyone on this planet likes attractive people and is attracted to said people. Denying this is simply denying reality.
Games are fantasy, its meant to be fantasy.

A few women I have asked about this have been hugely disappointed and have opted to not buy this game or future Larian products. These people have supported Larian for many years, and are disappointed with this choice.

-Who are these women you are referring to?
What data do you have to back up this claim?
To me this all sounds like an attempt to blackmail larian with non-arguments riddled with logical fallacies.
Id recommend larian to focus on the empirical data called: the money, the feedback and take their conclusions from that. Not from some clear ideolog that cant back up anything he/she claims with empirical evidence.

The only reason you’re hearing from me and not them is that this is so standard it wasn’t worth their time to write something like this out and then be told by commenters that they’re are being some sort of prude or that “The game is for adults and some people like this stuff and you’re just being an social jusblah blah blah”

-What you are saying here is the following:
They didnt care much about the game to begin with, cant be bothered voicing their opinion because of the former and therefore arent worth considdering as valid concerns when it comes to larian to begin with.
And most importantly, that they cant deal with dissenting opinions on this.
-Yeah, people do call you out on your comments because theyre bullshit. Any rational thinking person can see the ridicilousness in your claims and the people that you are parroting, the hypocrisy in it and the clear ideolog mindset behind it and the fact you cant back up anything of this with empirical evidence when pressed on the matter further works against your premise.

And here’s the thing, I don’t really care if this sort of absurd outfit is an option.

-Then what is the problem to begin with?
Blatant sexism is blatant sexism, its not a matter of opinion when it comes to that. It either is or it isnt period.

I think the elves look kinda gross in a living beef jerky plant kinda way but I’m guessing that’s the point and that’s fine.

-Thats just your opinion, so again, how can u claim its clear blatant sexism whilst at the same time claim you dont care about it and dont really like the look to begin with?
Contradictions, contradictions everywhere as expected.
Seems more likely you simply dont like the look of the character and try to enforce a change by parroting your peer bullshit to it to attempt to gain leverage over larian.
Again, i believe, thats called attempt to blackmail.

I even get why you would want to show that off. But it needs to be done in a way that isn’t also reusing tired bikini armour and seductive sorceress tropes.

-Subjective

Because when you do that, that is the only thing that stands out. So it’s not just a failure in the way it can alienate roughly half the population of the planet, but an artistic one as well.

-Again, purely subjective and frankly says a lot more about you then anything else.
Not only is it a failure on your end to display why this is objectively bad but also the claim this can alienate half the population on the planet is utterly ridicilous. Where is your evidence for this? Where is your evidence to even remotely considder taking this position to begin with?
Anyone that has female friends, family or spouses that do not give a shit about this and actually like it disproves this claim immediatly.
-"but an artistic one as well" Please enlighten me with how your subjective opinion on someone elses artistic skills & vision is the only valid one in these dark ages of rampant sexism everywhere!

I hope you take these thoughts into consideration.

-I havent seen a single reason for larian to take your thoughts and the people u claim to represent in consideration. If anything theres nothing but reasons to NOT to do so. You already admitted they dont really care for the game anyway.

I know you did something similar with the boxart for the previous game

-Yeah and thats why you are here isnt it?

and while I still had issues with that game's presentation of women your willingness to make changes was a big part of why I wanted to give you a chance with this one

-Yes because the entire world needs to cater to YOU, everyone needs to take in consideration YOUR views, YOUR ideas, YOUR perception of the world, YOUR vision,...
Its all about YOU. The self entitlement is beyond the moon at this point. Let me know when you swing back around and reach the earth again.

and backed the kickstarter for two. I am disappointed to see that you have not learned from past mistakes.

(please forgive me for the sarcasm here)
-"All hail the king/queen" Please everyone, kneel for her/his highness as he/she graces us with his/her presence and allows us to create and enjoy this ga..
OH wait, not learned from past mistakes?
Whats that? changes been made to accomodate YOUR opinion and you're still not happy?
What a surprise. This is exactly why nobody needs to cater to you, you are never happy, never content.
You are part of a group that displays the most self-entitled
mentality i have ever seen in my entire life.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you receive this in the spirit in which it is intended.

-I certainly did and did adress your points seriously.
Forgive me for the sarcasm at the end, i really could not go about it any other way then that.

You know what you should do? A few things:
1. Make your own game
2. Write your own stories
3. Read some orwell
4. Read some marx
5. Come to the conclusion that you are profoundly offensive, cultural marxism is utterly ridicilous, your ideas are insanely regressive and that you are not the center of the universe.

Thank you very much and i hope you will be able to escape the brainwashing that you have been exposed to by doing the 5 simple things i laid out to help you.