Yeah, I'm a little sketchy where OS2 is supposed to lie too, the only semi-quantitative measure I saw was "generations after OS1" on the KS. Depending on which races generations, that could mean some very different timescales. I took it to mean closer to OS1 than DD (otherwise DD would have been the nearest logical timeline landmark to compare it to), therefore somewhere after OS1 but before DD.

And yeah it's true, natural evolution from one of those elves into the other isn't going to cut it on those timescales. But there are other options to explain it, magical tinkering, symbiosis, mixing sub-races etc. It might come with a slight wiff of retcon, but obviously they didn't have OS2 planned out when they plotted DD so retcons are excusable in the right circumstances.

It's whether the retcon produced something better or worse than the previous work that's the measure of it's value, and I will happily admit is still up for debate. Though my side on that debate is obviously clear at this point. :P

[Edit] Ah, nevermind, I'd missed the clarification of things in a later KS update. Mea culpa, defo after DD. Been trying not to spoil things for myself too much story wise.

Last edited by Vas Ort Grav; 19/09/16 05:45 PM.