Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Yes, they died because you smashed the soul jars.

Good to know, that there is a key for the door. xD

And yes without teleport you probably need to save scum for the maze.
Or just pretend to be Bracchus himself. Even tough this seems to be bugged, because owning the ring is sufficient, you don't need to equip it at all at current state.

S
S
I enjoyed the maze. Lots of things to click on. A little bit of thinking/maneuvering. And I got decent loot.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ludvig
What i dont really like with this puzzle is how you need to keep reload the game if you plan to do it without jumping around with skills like teleport.

I dont mind puzzles, but this one is about resource management with the shambling skulls you find, and if you use one on a door to many so is the only fix to reload before you unlocked the door.

I much prefer puzzles where if you do something wrong you are just teleported back to entrence, die, get into combat etc.

Eh, without meaningful consequences for failure, it wouldn't be much of a challenge. Sure you can reload saves, but at least you'll still have to figure things out and can't just bash your head against the maze with a brute force approach and win.

I welcome mazelike level design with puzzles. It reminiscents to old school pen'n'paper games where you had to think over how to solve certain situation and sketch level.

I think this approach with modern take, benefits future RPG legacy.
When you think through, some of the hardest challenges in Baldur's gate 2 were the most remembered and players are always returning to them.

Let Larian create such modern masterpiece.

veteran
veteran
The problem remains, this maze is easily exploitable with teleport, tactical retreat and all this. ^^

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
The problem remains, this maze is easily exploitable with teleport, tactical retreat and all this. ^^

So?

It's a crumbling ruin at least 1300 years old. It would be more surprising if it was sealed and airtight.

Larian has hidden plenty of stuff around accessible only using Teleport. If they don't want players getting to those areas, they can place obstacles or barriers to close them off.

veteran
veteran
It makes the whole maze stuff pretty pointless? If you like you even can get there from the other side, even tough gargoyles will regocnize that, but I'm not sure if there is any drawback doing so.

Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
It is alpha, maybe this area is a placeholder.

hopefully

I'm not a fan of this area, myself.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
It makes the whole maze stuff pretty pointless? If you like you even can get there from the other side, even tough gargoyles will regocnize that, but I'm not sure if there is any drawback doing so.

I think that right now, because there's no reward for success and no penalty for cheating, it seems broken, but if those get added, it will be better. I just don't think we need to completely seal it all off to penalize clever players who use their wits to solve it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard