Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Originally Posted by Dfox
You can currently set multiplayer games to "invite only" preventing anyone from joining that you don't wish to join. Not a problem.

It appears co-op is being designed to be competitive, so you're supposed to screw each other over...

But obviously there should be limits to this.

What is odd is how much the game is clearly designed against that notion.

Res Scrolls are designed to be RARE! Encounters are based on full parties. and quests that mess over your team mates just bite you in the butt HARD!!! REALLY HARD!!! even when they are meant to help you.

Plus the number of quests where you can outright object to what occurs are EXTREMELY uncommon even when you really REALLY should have a say in it (Such as the sheer number of people you can kill in the prison).

It makes the smart thing to do in the vast majority of situations is to never EVER go against the party, even when you are given the opportunity to.

Last edited by Neonivek; 23/09/16 07:24 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm glad this thread turned into something really constructive!

Personally for myself, I love the idea of healthy competition but as it stands now the benefits are usually negative, and I'd rather see them become positive. What I mean is that I wish doing a quest that's opposed to a party member and you "win" should provide you with a positive bonus and this incentive. A skill book, stat bonuses, item, whatever. Right now it seems most times you just end up trolling the party into a reload.

I hope it's not too late to implememt a little of that.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Neonivek
Encounters are based on full parties.

Yeah, I don't think we can expect they are going to balance this at all. XD

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I don't know if this should be a new thread, but, I've been thinking of ways to address this while remaining feasible. I think adding a few features could go a long way to making mp more hassle free, enjoyable and easier to find a group to have FUN with.

1. A looking for group lobby separate from general chat.
2. Maybe a way to signify groups or parties from the last session? Would be fun to have a few games going as well as not "need" to be extremely organized with 3 friends.
3. A rep system. I think this is the most important. Players should be rated, this can help people find like parties. When I first thought of this I didn't want it to be rude like good/poor but more like DnD alignment. Some players might just like being more chaotic than others! Doesn't mean they are a true troll if they are just roleplaying a little more seriously.

Ex...go to mp lobby, find some cool people, their rep "aligns" with what you're looking for and you begin a new game. It goes well and it's easy to see when your party is online again and you invite them for session 2.

I hope Larian checks this out and can come up with a neat way to make mp a little easier.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard