Originally Posted by NinjaWithSpoons
Dude, someone else making sense is not a concession. Why do you think you are better than everyone else?

I don't think I'm better than everyone else(I know it wink ), it is however worthwhile in a discussion to acknowledge the merits of another person's position on an issue, even if one remains opposed to it in general.

Originally Posted by NinjaWithSpoons
Also, if there actually are almost no 1 cost spells, then it would just be transferring the irregularity from the attribute assignment to the memory slot assignment which does nothing. There would still need to be 1 memory spells.

Actually, there wouldn't.

So long as a reasonable amount of odd number cost spells(3, 5, etc.) exist, there doesn't even need to be a 1 cost spell to take advantage of the 1 memory slot a Memory point grants. Either way, I have quite clearly suggested that the costs would need to be altered to take advantage of the new possibilities.

As far as UI goes, it could be redone to only show the memory used as a X/Y, instead of rendering the exact number of slots, and filling them with an icon for each slot occupied(only a single empty slot would be shown to drag a new spell into).
This suggestion is however mostly concerned with the gameplay implications of the system, not the visual presentation of it.