I'm fairly certain that Stabbey's issue is not that money is not necessarily available. It is that to get it, including with all of your suggestions, you have to exploit the game in some way. Roam around collecting overpriced paintings, kill merchants and exploit that they keep your traded gear, mod the game, whatever.

Personally I don't have a huge issue with the money. But that is with the expectation that Act 2 will be a bit more financially rewarding. I did feel like I couldn't buy hardly anything until about level 4 which DID, as was mentioned, make the combat dull because I couldn't get new abilities for so long. I think by level 6 I had accumulated about 2000 gold and bought like 12 skillbooks. That is with 1 point in bartering and I did do the trade->kill exploit a couple of times which probably netted me like 600 gold.

However I actually would prefer they did not make items differently priced by different vendors. Sure there would be a bit more immersion. But got damn would that be tedious. I already hated managing that inventory.