Originally Posted by Lar
You should see some changes coming that make the order of loot look very much like your list (which we liked a lot btw - we never wrote it down like that but it's a good way of thinking of it). On another note - we have a few new abilities planned in the crafting department that should make crafting more interesting. Skill crafting obviously is one of them.

Hi Lar, glad to hear you are willing to iterate on itemization (basically the only system I didn't like in the first game).
To be fair, I DID detect some improvements in the early access, especially in the drop rate, which was really obnoxious in D:OS for my taste. Exactly like Tuco, though, I think that randomized loot doesn't do any good to the game, no matter what improvements you are planning (sorry, I know it sounds a bit drastic, but it's like having the wrong feature for the right game).
I also noticed that you're not addressing another loot-related issue of the first game: the lack of real, impactful differences between weapons/armors of the same category (why picking a mace instead of a sword or an axe, for instance?).

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying that random loot is necessary evil and I'm not talking about a game-breaking issue, but you have this (wonderful) game where everything is carefully designed, thoughtfully handcrafted and hand-placed... And you have the random loot, which simply doesn't fit the context.

I'd REALLY love to hear your thoughts on this matter and on some other points I made on an old topic.
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads...mp;Words=Loot&Search=true#Post583290

Last edited by Baudolino05; 28/09/16 11:05 AM.