Originally Posted by Gelatinous Rube
Originally Posted by Regicide

This is incredibly untrue. Serves only hetero male titillation? Come on dude, this world is not a drab palette of black and white, it might be easier if it was, but it certainly isn't the case.

As a professional designer and illustrator, I am aware of this. I am also aware of the need to know my client's target audience, and design for the broadest appeal. Certain design philosophies cater overwhelmingly to one segment of the audience over another, and it's not really that difficult to come up with striking designs that don't revolve around T&A.

If so every girl that ever wore any sort of clothing that ... strawman strawman strawman strawman...strawman? Strawman Strawman! Strawman

Your opinion on these matters is all fine and good, but none of it really pertains to this thread. It doesn't matter that one person may or may not be bothered by it. It matters that a lot of people definitely are, and that the person who started this thread who has the same right to EA feedback as you do, was potentially bothered by it.

What someone prefers a character to be dressed like is irrelevant.

Precedent for this franchise, and the developer invitation to feedback from all EA participants, suggest you are mistaken.

I personally am someone who does prefer armour that covers all the importants and could be seen as armour that would work in real life, but if a developer doesn't want to go down that route i am not going to tell them they should be doing it my way.

You're a swell fellow for letting Larian make their own decisions, and I'm sure they appreciate it. However your preferences, like my own, are not universally representative of the entire game audience.

The fact is some people *are* going to express opinions on this subject, and the great thing is, there's nothing whatsoever you can do to stop it. Isn't that a great, liberating feeling? That that need you feel to try to shut down discussions you don't approve of is completely futile--a waste of energy better put into other endeavors?

This has been an enjoyable and insightful conversation but i feel it's coming to a close, mostly due to your rising hostilities and i have no intention of participating in a shitfight.

As I've previously said i'm not trying in any way to shut down any conversations (the bit where i said the stuff about marshmallows and fires), people can discuss whatever they like whenever they like. If anything we two have been fanning the flames of this conversation almost exclusively. Freedom of speech and all that jazz.

Anyways thanks for the responses, its been fun smile

Last edited by Regicide; 29/09/16 10:19 AM.