Originally Posted by Neonivek
I never get some people.

The only time loot is an issue is if the RNG completely cripples a character.

Being suboptimal is not an issue... Roll with the punches.

I like min maxing :P I like seeing how much I can theory craft and push a given game system. How much i can stretch the boundaries of what's allowed and how I can munchkin my character to Godhood with the difficulty maxed and trying to stop me every step of the way.

It's a large part of the appeal of RPGs to me. You should how much I can break the D&D or Pathfinder system ;P I would have to ask DMs if they'd even allow the character's I'd theory craft. I once made a lolz sorcerer in 3.5 who's whole thing was summing critters. People though it was stupidly sub optimal....I pushed the limits of creativity so my mini endless army of badgers where letting me solo monsters 2-3 levels above me (meanin they were intended for parties of that level to face). Completely negated all the traps and a small army of hidden monsters by sending a badger in the room to set off any hidden booby traps once too.

You say just roll with the punches....I say save scum that chest till you get what you want or spend several hours in town to buy and sell materials via crafting till you find what you want. Fun is subjective remember