Originally Posted by Nyanko
All these gender talks and topics are just nonsense in my opinion. Players who really enjoy gaming don't care about those issues. Games are fantasy worlds and they have nothing to do with reality. And as long as we will have some people out there trying desperately to make their own gender everyday fights being a thing in our games, we will have such stupid and pointless threads all over the internet.

If you don't like a game because you find it offensive, don't play it. But please, stop bringing your own life issues into the fray and create some drama where there should not be any. We don't want it and we don't need it.

I tend to side with the general sentiment put forth in your post, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that video games have nothing to do with reality. Like any art form, story telling through video games inevitibly draws from the artist's/writer's own experiences and views and helps to shape those of others as well.

I think what you meant to say is that we shouldn't take the setting(s) or dressing(s) of the fictional world of a video game too seriously.

Last edited by Fyrestorme; 05/10/16 05:11 PM.