My friend finds the elves ugly, I don't care that much, at least they look quite unique. But the corpse eating stuff we both think is pretty disturbing and a bit unfitting, it more reminds you at zombies.

Not sure, what about the charmed orc is that silly. One hand you have a 'drugged' woman to have to everything to appeal to a man on the other hand you have to kill her or let the two guards die. (I don't care about the 'charmer', but the other one is innocent.)

The gobo-clank could be some kind of sillyness, on the other hand it darkens the fabulous 5 stuff, The further you progress, the darker the story turned anyway. With Bairdotr friend turning a river poisonous and bloody with dozen of corpses and other stuff. A slaughtered village in wich you need to turn both sides of raiders against each other. The imps were on one side silly, on the other pretty sad.

Regarding the starting location more sillyness would be pretty of putting in D:OS2, but I guess after you escaped this damned island there will be more possibilities for a bit cheer and joy out there.