Nice discussions on Rage everyone!

The major factors as discussed here are:
1. Rage is currently OP when used as a debuff
2. Spell flexibility can be fun, but is hard to balance
3. Reducing enemy resistances has traditionally been more of a Witchcraft flavor effect type
4. Rage as a self-buff is still viable, but not as dominating and with more drawback

#1 I don't think anyone is debating this, but for 1 point you can double the elemental damage of everyone on your team against a single target with essentially no drawback, since they will die.

#2 is where the jury is split. I absolutely love that we have a debuff to help Magic users, and I really enjoy flexible spells, as I believe player choice is an important part to fun combat. However, the devs didn't seem to consider this new, powerful use of the ability.
I think Kalrakh's suggestion of 50% crit chance and 50% debuffs sounds great!

#3 The current flavor of Rage seems similar to warrior "taunt" when used on an enemy, and a "beserker" style combat buff when used on self. As a non-magical (Warfare) ability the duality doesn't fit from flavor perspective., it might if it was under the Pyro skill as one post suggested.

#4 The only issue brought up here sounds more like a problem with Warlord. The proposed solution still sounds good for this case, however.

Conclusion:
The ability absolutely needs to be nerfed as a debuff (by either potency or flexibility).
If the devs make Rage self cast they should at least add an elemental debuff spell somewhere else, perhaps under Necro, to fill the vacuum left and give mages similar utility.

Edit: I enjoy the irony that in an effort to nerf Rage it was made more powerful, with a different application.

Last edited by error3; 23/10/16 02:51 PM.