Originally Posted by Seelenernter
Originally Posted by Luuin
Doesn't this just swing it the other way though? Instead of it letting your melee characters nuke enemies, it allows mages to cripple enemy resistances for them to nuke. Not really seeing the difference in the application at the end of the day.

IDK if your responding to my post? If so, then yes, the second form of application is actually just for the diversion, as it was in DOS1. (which was a nice idea, imho) A "rage-grenade" would be another way. Like it was with reduced armor in DOS1 (silver arrows or piercing grenades exclusive)
This means indeed it'll not change the "OP-ness", so it's still needed to tone it down a bit. I'd go for +30/-30 (but 2 turns therefor), as 50 is quite high still, but would also be better than it is right now.

edit:
how about underlining that "calming down" aspect of it, by making it variable in effect? 3 rounds, 1st 30/-30, second 20/-20, third 10/-10?
Just an idea that crossed my mind.

Was mostly just talking outloud. As people kept saying Rage was super OP and made the game too easy (which it did). But this change doesn't fix it, as now it just shifts who the OP character in your party is from the Warrior to the Mage who now use it as a debuff to obliterate a target.

Granted you can't decimate an entire enemy party with the Mage, since Rage is a single target Debuff, like you could the Warrior who took Warlord/Blitz Attack on top of it for AP resets on kill.

Rage still needs some work. Since if you do take it on a Warrior you can still nuke an enemy team, you just have to pray you get them all in one go or hope they don't target your super weakened Warrior on their turn.