Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Seelenernter
Originally Posted by Luuin
Doesn't this just swing it the other way though? Instead of it letting your melee characters nuke enemies, it allows mages to cripple enemy resistances for them to nuke. Not really seeing the difference in the application at the end of the day.

IDK if your responding to my post? If so, then yes, the second form of application is actually just for the diversion, as it was in DOS1. (which was a nice idea, imho) A "rage-grenade" would be another way. Like it was with reduced armor in DOS1 (silver arrows or piercing grenades exclusive)
This means indeed it'll not change the "OP-ness", so it's still needed to tone it down a bit. I'd go for +30/-30 (but 2 turns therefor), as 50 is quite high still, but would also be better than it is right now.

edit:
how about underlining that "calming down" aspect of it, by making it variable in effect? 3 rounds, 1st 30/-30, second 20/-20, third 10/-10?
Just an idea that crossed my mind.

Was mostly just talking outloud. As people kept saying Rage was super OP and made the game too easy (which it did). But this change doesn't fix it, as now it just shifts who the OP character in your party is from the Warrior to the Mage who now use it as a debuff to obliterate a target.

Granted you can't decimate an entire enemy party with the Mage, since Rage is a single target Debuff, like you could the Warrior who took Warlord/Blitz Attack on top of it for AP resets on kill.

Rage still needs some work. Since if you do take it on a Warrior you can still nuke an enemy team, you just have to pray you get them all in one go or hope they don't target your super weakened Warrior on their turn.

I know that.
That's why I suggested the decrease in both "pain and gain" to less chance and less taken damage. Some suggested 50%, I'm more for 30% as this shouldn't be the ultimate debuff imho.
The rest (keeping the rage debuff-part exclusively non-skill as it was in DOS1) is solely for an interesting diversion, and doesn't change the actual effects might ofc.

@error3
Yes, there are even other skills like that, for example haste. But as said b4 I definately miss a finer transition between these aspects, than simply adding all that stuff to the four classic elements.
So as there is no mentalist or whatever class, it feels better in the range of a fighting shool, imho, similar to an inspirational speech b4 a battle.
But shure, that's completely flavor.

Last edited by Seelenernter; 25/10/16 05:43 PM.

Think for yourself! Or others will do it...
A
addict
addict
A
I like the idea behind the drastically increased penalties on Rage but it's still way too OP

As other's have stated a +30/-30 or so would be better, or , even better, I'd much prefer it to just add crit multiplier cause it makes crit chance moot at the moment when you can just give every PC rage.

A straight damage boost would also be much more balanced than crit chance increase.

Last edited by aj0413; 25/10/16 10:28 PM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
See no problem with it having an alternative use.

It's exactly the same tradeoff - you deal more damage to the enemy on your turn, but if the enemy gets to move afterwards he does more damage to you. Self buff is safer to use if anything cause not everyone deals elemental damage and warriors or mages would have no dodge anyway. Plus, self buff works with aoe while debuff is only single target.

That been said it's still OP for both cases imo. It needs to be less drastic. And Warlord needs a nerf. Cap it to trigger once per round max.

Last edited by MadDemiurg; 25/10/16 11:23 PM.
error3 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I think Rage will be more dangerous to use when harder difficulties are introduced and the enemy will have more of a chance to punish players for using it. I'm assuming a combination of more enemies and/or higher armors will be introduced and enemies will actually get a turn after players use Rage.
This may be true for Warlord as well. If all enemies are harder to kill, Warlord will give less value per turn.

Last edited by error3; 26/10/16 12:15 AM.
veteran
veteran
Being balanced only for harder difficulty sounds like a bad concept. laugh

error3 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Being balanced only for harder difficulty sounds like a bad concept. laugh

I'm not saying it doesn't need tuning, only that 'balance' is relative.
I'm sure Warlord is even more OP on Explorer than Classic, but it can't be tuned to have the same relative utility on all difficulties simultaneously.

Heck, if nerfs come in on some of the other overtuned sources of power (such as Flesh Sacrifice) Warlord and Rage will be less potent in the current environment even.
These abilities only have tremendous power (without drawbacks) when 1 team overwhelms the board.

Last edited by error3; 26/10/16 01:37 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard