Originally Posted by Neonivek
Yeah there is.

As well, though we don't get there, there are people in the next act who can take them off as well...

I honestly wonder how the next act will work due to how early you can actually escape the island.
Are there? In this bit you can fight the guys in the cellar and the woman will take ONE of your players collars off, you can be human and persuade Leya to take all your collars off or you can help Gareth and then she will take all your collars off even if you are a foreigner.

What makes you think there is another way later? Perhaps there is but I don't have any inside information.

And how is it easy to leave the island early? If you leave the prison immediately (at level 1) you get enough experience from hitting the swaps to go to level 2. That is unavoidable.

You can steal the purging wand to free Slane and start the final fight at level 2 with 4000XP but there is no way on earth you'll beat them. Or to be more exact there is no way I can and I've tried.

Mind you I just watched a YT video made by @FireCake who is a member of these forums and he completed the original DOS in 20 minutes. See here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MHYe0hMsM

It is really quite fascinating what some people can do.

If you know a way of beating the guys at the end I'd love to hear about it as at level 2 even hiding and sniping (which normally works) I just can't do it. I've tried making invisibility potions and dragging barrels up but one hit and I'm dead. I'm certain there is a way though so thanks for giving me a new goal but I don't think it is easy wink