Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
Well, tehe AI fights better, that's for sure.

But every battle becomes and inferno, as everyone is throwing AOE attacks everywhere.
There are next to no bad guys who just swing a sword, everyone is throwing grenades, and spewing fire.

Even crocodiles can teleport and throw spells.
Can't they just be tough, and really bitey?

addict
addict
Erm, I recall the crocs in previous versions could always teleport around and cast spells.

I haven't been able to try much of the new version other than bumbling around and trying different things.

Last edited by DrunkenTofu; 10/02/17 05:12 AM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
found a glitch, on an armor at the very begining.

[Linked Image]

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
There are a lot of those labeling bugs in the game currently, pretty sure it should be pretty easy to solve imo. An example being a purple leather armor with a name <Missing Name>, that dropped from the chest next to the waterfall in the first area.

Last edited by Qoki; 10/02/17 11:45 AM.
veteran
veteran
It's only one crocodile that can teleport, it's the one with the teleport glove. (quest item)

Even tough is kind of a rule breaker, it's the only one who can teleport himself.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Madscientist
about source points and using the most powerful skills at the beginning:
Would it make sense that you need to build up some kind of "power meter" by using some skills and normal attacks and then you consume this power by using powerfull spells?
If it makes sense, should it be reset after each combat?
Something like that.
Maby when you spill blood, yours or others, then a Heat source meter goes up.
Such a rule is somewhat plain, it force still the same combat process. Good is that process is from down to top. However some variations is needed.

- idea of variables
-- if one side has an advatage in power, then it can use higher spells. That means, when you meet a weak encounter, an alone wolf you can smash him by metero shower in first round. However if you meet a pack of dire wolf then powers are balanced you need to build up power source meter first.

veteran
veteran
I have seen games which have the mechanic where as you deal damage or take damage, a certain meter goes up, and once it is maxed, you are able to use a super move.

In theory, such a mechanic could be applied to Source skills, so that they are unavailable at the start of combat until the participants - both enemy and allied alike - deal and take enough damage to power up their Source skills

But those games are almost entirely JRPG's, and I don't remember a lot of western RPG's using mechanics like that. I have a hard time believing that Larian would warm up to that idea, especially since it conflicts with the other methods of gaining Source from the now-removed pools, to Soul Jars, to Source Vampirism.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
That reminds me a bit of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which is a rather nice little game that I really enjoyed. Not everyone's cup of tea, though. Perhaps a more mainstream (and contemporary) example is Fallout 4 with its critical meter, which gradually fills up as damage is dealt. I think that actually works reasonably well and may be suited to D:OS2, though it's hard to say how well it would actually translate into a turn-based game with multiple PCs.

J'aime le fromage.
G
addict
addict
G
Not sure I like the heat idea - what is it about being in combat for a while that suddenly makes you able to use source?

What if source powers just take way more AP because you have to spend some time concentrating/preparing? Right now, there's a 6 AP max; you could increase the max to 8, but the 2 additional AP can only be used for source skills/spells. Then make source skills take 8 AP. If you use any non-source skill while AP 7/8 are charged, you lose those charges. So, you could skip your first turn entirely and then use a source skill on your second turn (assuming you are still around) or you can forgo the source skill and use regular skills to try to interrupt/kill an enemy who is preparing a source skill.

You might also want to make it so that source skills can't be used outside of combat to avoid people initiating combat with chain lightning, but that could go either way.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Also a bug that was in the last patch, forgot to mention it, but if your caught with out your sorce collar on they will send you to jail. if ya break out and see them again, they send you right back. but if you persuade them that your not gonna do anything and win, they will turn around and try to send you right back to jail as if the persuasion did nothing. can someone check to see if the bug is still there?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard