I'd like to spark some more discussion. The game still needs an expanded Talent selection. And only two of the seven magic schools even have any Talents (and those two are unimpressive and cancel themselves out.) I'll try and think through some more ideas, but I don't have any in a state to post yet.

Extended Shape - Requires: Polymorpher 5
The duration of all your personal transformations is increased by 1-2 turns.

The idea behind this one is that it allows all transformations to your own body to last another turn. Or maybe two. It depends if two turns extra would be too powerful. But for a Talent point, I think 1 turn would be fine without needing a disqualifying penalty attached.

Some existing Talents need work as well.

Escapist - Requires Scoundrel 1 or Huntsman 1.
You can escape from combat even if enemies are right next to you, and prevents enemies from making attacks of opportunity on you.

This combines the Escapist and Duck Duck Goose Talents into one Talent. While Duck Duck Goose is good, Escapist really isn't all that worthwhile to take alone. I also want to let this be useful with a point in Scoundrel, not just Huntsman, because Rogues are more likely to be the ones needing to deal with Attack of Opportunity.

Guerrilla - (Optional?) Requires Scoundrel 2 or Huntsman 2
Increases damage done while sneaking by 25%. You can now sneak at full movement speed. Basic Attacks done from Sneak now have a 20-33% chance to not break Stealth.

Guerrilla was just plain bad. The nerf from +50% down to +25% damage boost meant it was so situationally useful that it was near useless. It was only really good with Mortal Blow and Snipe, but only because those skills already had a high bonus when sneaking in the first place. It could also be useful sneaking at the end of your turn if no other enemy moves in a way to see you, but I find that questionable as well.

But fine. If Larian wants to keep that at +25%, other buffs can be done. The most obvious one is to combine it with the old Speedcreeper Talent, to let you Sneak without any movement penalty. That synergies nicely with Guerrilla. I still think that's not quite enough to make it great, though.

So the other buff I propose is to give a chance for normal attacks (NOT skills) to not break Sneak when used. I'm guessing that people will think that's too much, though.

Optionally, this Talent could require 2 points into Huntsman or Scoundrel. Not sure if that's necessary or not.

Zombie
Poison heals you instead of damaging you, regular healing potions and spells will damage you, with the exception of healing from Necromancy or consuming flesh. Your body is less sensitive to pain. Permanently gain extra vitality -OR- Physical armor to the amount of 1% of your maximum health per level.

Zombie was ridiculously awful and not worth taking at all. The buffs are to allow for additional healing options, from Necromancy's vitality leech ability and flesh eating. Although one problem with the flesh eating is that I'm not sure how to handle the memories and skills which elves can get. Maybe non-elf zombies simply can't eat memory or skill body parts, only generic body parts?

I also added some physical armor because zombies feel less pain. Or I could have changed that to extra vitality instead. That would also work

Most people say the biggest problem with zombies is that they catch on fire too easily, but I didn't want to touch that weakness. But if Zombies got extra vitality, that would help with the fire damage.

Last edited by Stabbey; 02/04/17 01:07 AM. Reason: non-elf