Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello peoples

Does this game have a single player mode?

Or, is it like the original; it has a co-op mode that I can play on my own?

Thanks muchly.

Support
Support

Like D:OS, D:OS 2 has a single story mode which can be played through in single player or drop-in/drop-out co-op (though in this case with up to 4 players, rather than 2).
There is also a PvP Arena mode, and Game Master mode (the latter will be available at release).

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Thanks Raze.

Further clarification; during character creation at the start must I create two characters (or four??)?

If I do only create one character, does it restrict my ability to pick up an NPC follower later? (Like D:OS does with the Lone Wolf talent).
Would I miss out on a lot of the story/flavour dialogue (because of the split-personality solipsism of the two (four??) representations of myself talking to each other) now not being present?

Thanks again.

Edit: That second part, I mean that does the game favour dialogue between the created characters over fleshed out NPC followers?

Last edited by Demeisen; 27/05/17 11:07 AM.
Support
Support

In single player, you create the one main character, and can recruit companions afterwards (with up to 3 in the party at a time). In a multiplayer game, each player creates one character, and if there are less than 4 players, the remaining slots can be filled with companions later.

When companions are recruited, you can choose their starting preset (it isn't full customization, but a lot more flexible than D:OS).

For dialogues with the companions, they state their opinion and you choose what action to take. Their relationship with the main character is affected accordingly, possibly even resulting in them leaving the party.

It is possible to open multiple instances of the game to join a LAN game on the same computer (depending on system specs, dropping the resolution and switching to windowed mode first will make things smoother), and then you can create up to 4 custom characters, and once in-game, save, exit the client instances and continue with the custom party.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
AWESOME!

There were two problems with D:OS that, for me, stopped it being stand-out excellent; no true single-player and the tone of the story universe was just a bit too jolly/lighthearted for me. Everything else I liked.

From the publishing blurb, the story/tone is supposed to be darker.

From what you're telling me, it has true single player.

This makes me a very happy camper! Thanks for the info again, Raze.

TLDR: I'm in!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard