Print Thread
#899927 19/09/23 04:32 PM
R
Rosa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
R
You meet Shadowheart depending on if you free her or not either at the Door or on the ground next too you, when you meet her at the door if you don't group up with her or kill her. You then meet her at the Grove sitting on a rock, if you talked to her before she will confront you but if you haven't you can just walk pass her ... But if you meet her at the door she and don't group up she says, she's going to go up the hill to find other way into the Ruin but if you go there she's not there .. I get it's a really small thing But I've always found it a little weird. I guess there is a few Bandits there but did you see how many Intellect Devours she killed?

The other one I find weird is Astarion he just stands there and never moves you can even go back after killing the Goblin Camp and he's STILL there waiting. Why doesn't he go to the Grove like Shadowheart? It's just weird.

It's almost like when you recruit Karlach first before Wyll, He's suddenly no longer at the Grove when you go back to help her with her problem. But if you don't recruit her first and you don't recruit him he just stays there the whole time. Wouldn't he left once the Goblin threat is gone?

Last edited by Rosa; 19/09/23 04:33 PM.
Rosa #899949 19/09/23 05:26 PM
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I think that SH appears so much because she carries a very important item for the story (she also appears a 3rd time, at the goblin camp and when getting close to the githyanki). I think that beside hers the other companion that appears later on is Lae'zel (in fact, if you rescue her and don't team up with her she's the only one that moves one).

The rest of companions don't move at all. As far as I know...

Last edited by NeedaUserName; 19/09/23 05:48 PM.
R
Rosa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by NeedaUserName
I think that SH appears so much because she carries a very important item for the story (she also appears a 3rd time, at the goblin camp and when getting close to the githyanki). I think that beside hers the other companion that appears later on is Lae'zel (in fact, if you rescue her and don't team up with her she's the only one that moves one).

I know SH carries a important item but with the amount they shove her down your throat, it makes the other companions look complete idiots.

Also, Who in there right mind groups up with someone that just tricked them and then holds a knife to your throat? It doesn't make sense to recruit Astarion, the only reason to recruit is because he has the same problem as you and with how early you can find how his secret killing him is the most logical choice at that point.

Last edited by Rosa; 19/09/23 06:37 PM.
Rosa #900026 19/09/23 08:40 PM
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by Rosa

I know SH carries a important item but with the amount they shove her down your throat, it makes the other companions look complete idiots.

Also, Who in there right mind groups up with someone that just tricked them and then holds a knife to your throat? It doesn't make sense to recruit Astarion, the only reason to recruit is because he has the same problem as you and with how early you can find how his secret killing him is the most logical choice at that point.

Yep. And I think she got *yet another* intervention, when she goes to your camp and tries to kill you (I don't know if that can still happen, I saw that interaction on YT).

I agreed that she got a lot of interactions. She's gonna get lots of pain reactions through all act 1. And as far as I know, others companions don't get that much interactions with tav. She definitely gets the spotlight a lot more than the rest of companions.

Rosa #900030 19/09/23 08:56 PM
B
old hand
old hand
B
I always kill Asterion and leave Gale doing the debit card scam from inside the ATM. I told Wyll I didn't him want him and so far I haven't seen him (I'm currently mooching around inside Moonrise Towers). Volo is in my camp even though I have never spoken to him. Halsin is there though I wish I could get rid of him. I wont be inviting Jaheira to camp. Oh, Barcus was in camp but he seems to have moved to the inn.

The whole Shadowheart/Shar/Selune thing seems to take up a lot of the game when none of it is really important to the main story (other than Thorm being a former Selune/Shar worshipper way, way, back when).

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
and leave Gale doing the debit card scam from inside the ATM.
hahaha hahaha

When I'm Dark Urge things doesn't end up well for poor Gale. He's literally the only character I dislike for no reason. lol

I like Lae'zel a lot, tho I wished she got at least half of the interactions that SH has (I'm doing a solo run with Lae'zel and she barely talk).

R
Rosa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Beechams
I always kill Asterion and leave Gale doing the debit card scam from inside the ATM. I told Wyll I didn't him want him and so far I haven't seen him (I'm currently mooching around inside Moonrise Towers). Volo is in my camp even though I have never spoken to him. Halsin is there though I wish I could get rid of him. I wont be inviting Jaheira to camp. Oh, Barcus was in camp but he seems to have moved to the inn.

The whole Shadowheart/Shar/Selune thing seems to take up a lot of the game when none of it is really important to the main story (other than Thorm being a former Selune/Shar worshipper way, way, back when).

Sadly, I can't kill Astarion but it never makes any sense for my character not to kill him so it kills me not to kill him. LMAO.

Unless I play a Magic Class Gale stays in his hole and dies. I hate him, I hated him in beta and I still hate him now. I don't even know why.

Wyll ... I only take so I have an extra early to Max my party.

Volo is always in my camp as well. I think if you talk to about mindflayers he leaves. I just act like his not there. ( I love how our camp location just as poorly kept secret as SH being a Shar follower)

Halsin I recruit cause Moonrise info.

I don't hate SH but she's so I wanna know all about you but you can't know anything about me. It makes me wanna murder her. I get it you worship Shar, it's a poorly kept secret just like Astarion.

I like Karlach but I hate how late they put her in. I know you get her way earlier but she likes you to kill the Paladins straight away so you need a few levels to do that.

I like Lae'zel as well but I hate taking her route for "the cure", sure she will stay if you don't but it just seems weird to free her and not follow up given how Gith are basically Mindflayer Experts.

Yep. And I think she got *yet another* intervention, when she goes to your camp and tries to kill you (I don't know if that can still happen, I saw that interaction on YT).

If I remember correctly that YT Vid is from EA and I don't believe it happens anymore but I could be wrong. I know it was in EA.

Last edited by Rosa; 20/09/23 12:11 AM.
Rosa #900460 20/09/23 06:17 PM
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by Beechams

Sadly, I can't kill Astarion but it never makes any sense for my character not to kill him so it kills me not to kill him. LMAO.

Unless I play a Magic Class Gale stays in his hole and dies. I hate him, I hated him in beta and I still hate him now. I don't even know why.

Wyll ... I only take so I have an extra early to Max my party.

Volo is always in my camp as well. I think if you talk to about mindflayers he leaves. I just act like his not there. ( I love how our camp location just as poorly kept secret as SH being a Shar follower)

Halsin I recruit cause Moonrise info.

I don't hate SH but she's so I wanna know all about you but you can't know anything about me. It makes me wanna murder her. I get it you worship Shar, it's a poorly kept secret just like Astarion.

I like Karlach but I hate how late they put her in. I know you get her way earlier but she likes you to kill the Paladins straight away so you need a few levels to do that.

I like Lae'zel as well but I hate taking her route for "the cure", sure she will stay if you don't but it just seems weird to free her and not follow up given how Gith are basically Mindflayer Experts.

If I remember correctly that YT Vid is from EA and I don't believe it happens anymore but I could be wrong. I know it was in EA.

In my case is a lot simpler, I do Lone wolf, so whoever I decide that is gonna be my partner, get to be choose.

The rest just stays stranded (except if you're Gale. Gale MUST die)

Yep. I was talking about that YT video. I kinda wanted to trigger it cause I'm role-playing and my Tav doesn't have a real reason not to team up with SH after the goblin camp scene (but I don't want more people in my team!). Maybe I'll simply let her join and she and Lae'zel will fight to death, I guess...

Rosa #900565 21/09/23 01:23 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Afaik if you don't save laezel from the tieflings she moves on to the gith patrol, if you again dont save her there she dies(?), so she moves on, what 2 times? Laezel is the Only companion I dont like so most of the times I just kill her before that, but maybe she moves on if she survives that encounter?

Rosa #901378 22/09/23 02:34 PM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S

Same, I was disappointed you could stab him instead of headbutt or break free.

It's also goofy that Shadowheart threatens him (and does nothing to help), but if you threaten him she disapproves....

Last edited by Stonechat; 22/09/23 02:36 PM.
R
Rosa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by BeardedDragonOwl
Afaik if you don't save laezel from the tieflings she moves on to the gith patrol, if you again dont save her there she dies(?), so she moves on, what 2 times? Laezel is the Only companion I dont like so most of the times I just kill her before that, but maybe she moves on if she survives that encounter?

Really? I guess I never see that cause I've never gone to the Gith patrol. My logic is you see a Dragon you run. lol

Originally Posted by Stonechat

Same, I was disappointed you could stab him instead of headbutt or break free.

It's also goofy that Shadowheart threatens him (and does nothing to help), but if you threaten him she disapproves....

A lot of SH Approval and Disapproval don't make sense to me. She's follower of Shar. Why does she care about saving a girl, wouldn't she want the girl to die so her parent feel loss? Sure she says at the tiefling party that she's surprised she cared about a bunch of refuges but her Approval of it says other wise.
Yes, I know she really is a Follower of Selune and she just has no memory of it because of Shar but at that point she knows nothing but Shar and believes she always was and always has been a Devout follower of Shar.

Last edited by Rosa; 24/09/23 12:06 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard