Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Krom
Leaving this here too o.O

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

I don't know if it's confirmation, but i guess we'll see
They are likely referring to the PlayStation version which still gets the 72 hour Early Access.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stefan999
This is extremely problematic if this has been taken away. It was a condition of sale under which many would have purchased. This would be very close to bait and switch tactics.
Would be extremely disappointed in larian.

Your 3 day early access was replaced by a 28 day early access. (As Swen said in the Panel from Hell)
Instead of getting on August 28th you are getting the game on August 3rd.
How is this in any way disappointing?

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by snowram
It doesn't even make sense why this wouldn't be the case, if time constrain was an issue they could have released the game the 6th and release 72 hours early for early access players. I just don't get it.
The decision to move the PC release was not made because ot was finished ahed of schedule, bit to put a buffer between it and Starfield.

So everything planned for 2 months now needs to be done in 1, or as much as possible to make it playable.
So not only would 3 days early access decrease the available time further, providing a special EA version for act 1 would also add more work, both for development and administration, which Larian does not have time for.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Alodar
This is extremely problematic if this has been taken away. It was a condition of sale under which many would have purchased. This would be very close to bait and switch tactics.

Your 3 day early access was replaced by a 28 day early access. (As Swen said in the Panel from Hell)
Agreed. Super excited it is coming out so early. Would be nice to know exact date just so I can know when I will stop being a productive member of society for a bit.

The condition of the sale was that you will get to play the game three days earlier than Aug 31st. Now you will get to play the game Aug 3rd and you're mad? Should Larian respect the original sales condition and let you play it at the end of Aug instead then?

stranger
stranger

The release date isn't part of the sale promise the 72 hour headstart was.
Changing the condition on the sale is not on for me.
Getting 3 weeks early as everyone else doesn't change a bonus being taken away after the fact. Especially when PS5 players get to keep their 72 hours bonus.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A

Getting 3 weeks early as everyone else doesn't change a bonus being taken away after the fact. Especially when PS5 players get to keep their 72 hours bonus.

While I get how you feel, don't you think it was less ... taken away but more ... replaced with a free upgrade to Digital Deluxe edition?

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Just my 2 cents to this discussion: the original thing was free upgrade to deluxe edition to all EA participants and 72 hour early access ahead of the then release date of August 31st. So now moved up releasedate = tada early access bonus I guess? Lol

I can personally understand this upsetting some. I too was counting on starting july 31st lol. Ah well..

S
S
Well, we've been waiting for years. What are three days? Come on, people.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Claudoomius
People purchased the game with the understanding that they could play release version of the game 72 hours earlier than the official release date. Official release date is now August 3rd, Larian needs to HONOR their PROMISE of allowing people to play the release version 72 hours earlier than that date. Period.
Nay. They couldn’t buy digital deluxe on PC as it is not on sale - only base game is on sale and it is getting upgraded automatically closer to release. No matter if you care or don’t care for Digital Deluxe content, currently you are getting it for free. If you care about playing BG3 on PC as soon as possible you have the only one option to buy anyway, no matter if 72h is a thing.

If you spent money on Collectors Edition, one could assume that 72h isn’t really what you are after, as you get it for free with the base game.

Regardless, even if Larian ended up devaluing Digital Deluxe a bit, you still get the game 4 weeks earlier than what you expected. Surely it is straight up better than getting it 4 weeks (minus 3 days) later.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Krom
Leaving this here too o.O

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

I don't know if it's confirmation, but i guess we'll see
They are likely referring to the PlayStation version which still gets the 72 hour Early Access.
...But that doesn't release the 31st even with EA.

So it's one of the two:
1- this person answered without paying attention to the actual question
2- "3 days EA" may still be a thing

Then again, no idea of who the guy is even supposed to be.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Sounds like a bad deal to me, I want my money back!!! *sarcasm*

enthusiast
enthusiast

The promise was August 28th.
It was not 3 days earlier than release no matter when that release is.
If it upsets you so you can still wait until August 28th to play.

F
addict
addict
F
The issue as I see it is workers taking personal leave need to give their employer Z weeks notice beforehand. That's hard to do without clear dates.

R
R
Most up to date official word, they will let us know in the next Community Update:
https://twitter.com/228Airborn/status/1678717320909455360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1678718424342573056%7Ctwgr%5E3db24292d2f2f4150fa3ec68265004208f5ffd16%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F14wnyca%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

While I agree with you, logically speaking, it makes no sense for them to not be able to slap on those three days after pumping the game up basically 30, especially since there's a high chance press and youtubers will have been playing it for weeks by then anyway (they might be playing the final version right now as we speak). If they just wanted to through out a Deception roll, all they had to do is add three days (August 6th) and kept the 3 day head start.

I agree with you if it was like two weeks head start or early access/closed beta that carries over to release or something, and 3 days is kinda spilled milk to be complaining about, yes, but I mean, it's still weird and a little concern it's such a big deal to THEM that they can't simply be like "Yeah yeah, you get to play three days earlier, calm down." Like, the heck is so worrying to them that 3 more days on top of a whole month is a dealbreaker?

On a totally micro level, it can be a big difference to some people. I have an alternating long/short week schedule, and with the heart start it'd come out at the start of my short week, so I'd have 3 days to play before work (I didn't move my time off from end of August). Without it, it'll release the day I go to work lol. Yes, not the end of the world, and I'll just play more Remnants 2, but still.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Nightmarian
[quote=Stefan999]

While I agree with you, logically speaking, it makes no sense for them to not be able to slap on those three days after pumping the game up basically 30, especially since there's a high chance press and youtubers will have been playing it for weeks by then anyway (they might be playing the final version right now as we speak). If they just wanted to through out a Deception roll, all they had to do is add three days (August 6th) and kept the 3 day head start.

I agree with you if it was like two weeks head start or early access/closed beta that carries over to release or something, and 3 days is kinda spilled milk to be complaining about, yes, but I mean, it's still weird and a little concern it's such a big deal to THEM that they can't simply be like "Yeah yeah, you get to play three days earlier, calm down." Like, the heck is so worrying to them that 3 more days on top of a whole month is a dealbreaker?

On a totally micro level, it can be a big difference to some people. I have an alternating long/short week schedule, and with the heart start it'd come out at the start of my short week, so I'd have 3 days to play before work (I didn't move my time off from end of August). Without it, it'll release the day I go to work lol. Yes, not the end of the world, and I'll just play more Remnants 2, but still.

Yeah, I set up some time off based on that date as well, so that sucks.

However, the devs just lost almost a month of dev time. They were probably planning on using a portion of that time to create the code that would limit players to just act 1. Now they don't have that time, and therefore we just get the whole game as soon as it is possibly ready.

Back from timeout.
Originally Posted by benbaxter
Originally Posted by Nightmarian
[quote=Stefan999]

Yeah, I set up some time off based on that date as well, so that sucks.

However, the devs just lost almost a month of dev time. They were probably planning on using a portion of that time to create the code that would limit players to just act 1. Now they don't have that time, and therefore we just get the whole game as soon as it is possibly ready.

Hella late for them to be doing that, but yeah if they honestly were thinking of letting us download the entire game then just code a block, that shiz would be cracked within an hour and it'd basically be the full release of the game. However, none of this has anything to do with the 3 days. If 30 days is okay but not 27, that's kind of a red flag to me and makes me wonder why. It's obvious they're doing this to avoid Starfield and Phantom Liberty, but it's also starting to feel they were really hoping to have that month.

Much as I love Larian, they have a lighter version of Owlcat Syndrome, or maybe Obsidian-itis in that their first act (the one we got to test) tends to be really smooth, then the rest of the game just falls apart and is fixed a year later after the initial testing basically being a second early access with their Enhanced Edition. Was just kinda hoping it wouldn't happen again after how long they took and stayed in EA. This is why annoys me so much about Owlcat, who should be downright ashamed of the state of their games at release but just don't seem to give a damn. Having a progress-breaking bug appear 80 hours into your game and telling you to suck it up because no save-compatible fix is happening and to start over and just hope it doesn't happen again, or just don't play the game you paid for until they fix it whenever, is not acceptable.

That's not Larian, and DOS2 was in an alright state even before the EE, but still, my point is that I know everyone's hungry for this game, are deeply biased, and refuse to think straight, but the only reason they should have bumped the game froward 30 days is because they were basically done and just sitting on a gold game tweaking the PS5 version, not because they're afraid of Starfield.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard