Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Before I make a bug, thought I'd ask the general you's... does your Guardian/Dream Visitor just rando show up in cutscenes at times temporarily taking the place of one of the other 3 party members? The first time I saw him walking with us I thought I was having a stroke from playing too much BG3.

Example: if Astarion is in my party, sometimes McDreamy shows up in the scene, but when the scene is over, it's back to Astarion.
[Linked Image from mmoemulators.com]

I do have a mod installed: Whispers of the Divine (love) and my guardian is a strong Aasimar race. I haven't tested removing the mod yet, because I do not want to boink my Honour Mode save file in any way.

I don't mind Mr Dreamer hanging out... just took me by surprise since I hadn't actually met him yet wink

Last edited by John Adams; 06/03/24 11:31 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I have the same bug and I don't have an Aasimar mod. Dream visitor just randomly shows in different cutscenes, replacing my companions, each time different ones. Ugh. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

journeyman
journeyman
This has never happened to me but then again I've never delved into mod usage of any kinds either, since you do not want to boink your honour save file that's understandable but later down the road once you finished it, you should try and go through all of your mods one by one (or just uninstalling all of them) to see which could potentially be tampering the game assets in such a way to cause this problem and would it turn out not to be mod related (which I think it could be) then it's just time to report the problem to Larian from there.

dajolie, by judge of your screenshot you do have some form of mod installed right?

I just really hope its not a problem with vanilla game but this just further cements me from never wanting to delve into mod usage.

If its mod related then its the hobbyist behind that mod that should be notified about this issue.

P
addict
addict
P
I had the dream visitor show up one time in the background of the scene where Voss comes to my camp, spotted them just before they vanished after the cutscene ended, but I assumed it was something to do with needing to anchor voice lines to a model? Was there a Dream Visitor line in any of the cutscenes where they showed up?

I've also heard that the game sometimes acts strange in cutscenes where it expects you to have more companions than you do, and will put npcs like Withers, or the Oath-breaker knight into the spots where they should be, but that shouldn't be happening when you actually have companions.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I do have the cosmetic mods, clothes-hair-etc. It never happened before the HF25 however, and I don't change mods for months, keep using the same since like patch 4 I think.
Yes, the game replaces companions with the guardian - I did have only Gale and Lae with me when it first happened, so I spent a good hour trying to switch, swap, fill in, but she is still there. In two parallel saves the same issue, in the second save guardian is male, and yet again he is in the group dialogues and cutscenes.

It also starts happening only in Act 2, almost immediately upon reaching moonrise in both cases, never in Act 1. First time male guardian appeared was when talking to Araj.

Last edited by dajolie; 10/05/24 07:11 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
For those who come later with the same problem.
This bug might be occurring because you enter Shadow Cursed Lands via Grymforge.

I tested it on 7 different saves. In 5 of them I did my usual route with Mountain pass and dryder kill, in 2 - via Grymforge with Harpers encounter and grabbing lantern from the dryder group. In these 2 saves guardians, male and female, were showing up in different cutscenes in dialogues non stop throughout the whole Act 2. Annoying as hell. In those 5 Mountain Pass saves they never showed.

I tested with both the full party and only one companion present. All 7 saves were modded with the same setup. All have pretty much the same good aligned scenario, same romance, c - consistency. Only significant difference was Grymforge vs Mountain pass.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello!
Could you confirm if the issue still persists with no mods applied to the game? I know you mentioned you hadn't changed mods in the past, but to make sure it's not caused by any strange interactions between them and the game approvegauntlet

D
stranger
stranger
D
Oh I have almost zero doubt it has smth to do with the mods, not nearly enough reports in search to imply base game is to blame. But since this thread is well indexed by google on the topic, just sharing possible fixes for those who might have the same issue.

In fact there is a second instance I encountered this bug. I suspect OP has this case. I added the custom race mod, astral elves, and Guardian started showing in cutscenes and dialogs in Act 1, starting with Raphael intro in my case. As OPs guardian shows in Mountain pass, and they had Aasimar custom race, might have smth to do with the race tutorials/templates/some base mod from which error spreads into other mods. Tested in on 3 saves, in 2 where the Guardian specifically was astral elf, bug was reproduced. With a regular wood elf, all good, no cameos.

Last edited by dajolie; 02/06/24 08:50 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard